Liquidator shouldnt have not played & hope buyer not put off
(01-28-2024, 09:49 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Sorry Baggers but I think you’re looking in the wrong place. It’s nearly as daft as blaming Cunha for scoring the 2nd goal.
Ticketing issues and also pubs allowing drinking at unearthly hours are where the focus should be.
I would also add Neto’s gesture to the crowd after the first goal was far more significant than the Liquidator.
Also one incident of hooliganism in many many years putting a buyer off would be very strange. We’re hardly Millwall.
That was as bad as Millwall in recent years & amazed anyone would play down or try to mitigate such despicable scenes including players having to carry out their kids & others families running out in fear
(01-28-2024, 09:55 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 09:49 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Sorry Baggers but I think you’re looking in the wrong place. It’s nearly as daft as blaming Cunha for scoring the 2nd goal.
Ticketing issues and also pubs allowing drinking at unearthly hours are where the focus should be.
I would also add Neto’s gesture to the crowd after the first goal was far more significant than the Liquidator.
Also one incident of hooliganism in many many years putting a buyer off would be very strange. We’re hardly Millwall.
That was as bad as Millwall in recent years & amazed anyone would play down or try to mitigate such despicable scenes including players having to carry out their kids & others families running out in fear
It was bad but it had to be put in perspective. We’re not a club with a hooliganism reputation. 
Most on here recalling trouble at the Hawthorns are going back decades.
I thought I posted nonsense around here Big Grin
I’ve heard WMP are paying the Harry J Allstars a visit as we speak…
I doubt it will have much of an impact on a takeover. I'd imagine it may spur any new owners into finding solutions for this in future, which may keep this from happening again.

As for Harry J's classic, it also gave Wolves fans a chance to sing at us.
The Liquidator was played before the Villa matches and there was minimal trouble then.

What happened today was bad, unquestionably, but the vast majority of fans behaved themselves. The main problem was the vast numbers of "lads" being allowed to congregate at the front of the Brummie. That's what lead to the match being stopped, IMO.
Had absolutely nothing to do with it.
I was surprised they played it, thought WMP might have had a word to stop that.

We've probably seen the last of it now, at least until people have proved they can behave themselves again.

Might be a while.
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"
I’m still trying to work out if the OP wanted it played or not, having read the title a couple of times
(01-28-2024, 09:25 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Id personally have reservations about buying a club with hundreds of brain dead, feral lows lifes as fans and getting that kind of coverage on national TV

And I don’t care what others think, the club are officially condoning abuse of other fans & swearing by playing The Liquidator. Irresponsible & stupid 

Fans didn’t need revving up any more & we saw that 

Ashamed to be an Albion fan today, really puts me off football. Nil justification for the knuckle draggers to shame us all. Sad day for the club, football & the local area

Good God do you really believe that?
If you had said drink or cocaine you may have had a point
But a song come on.