Biggest trouble at the Hawthorns since?
Kicked off AOTS at Twerton Park when we went down to Div 3. Toga's were a bit of a give away! Horses on the pitch and fights breaking out everywhere. I was 15 and with my old man and I was shitting myself.

That was a proper dark day.
Twerton was nasty I recall. Went without a ticket and got one for £20 (was fiver to stand). Fighting in the ground and on the trains, I heard. Then me and my mate decided to go to Weston-Super-Mare after the game and the High Street was trashed. Not by us I hasten to add.

Villa away in the Cup was bad. Seats etc. Although much of the 'aggro' now , seems to be little compared with the past.

West ham at home in '86 when they still had an outside chance of the league was hairy when the ICF came into the Brummie in big numbers. I remember running battles at Cov around '85 too. Leeds in '86 when they burned down the groundman's shed with fuel from the lawnmowers.
(01-28-2024, 11:04 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Then me and my mate decided to go to Weston-Super-Mare after the game and the High Street was trashed. 

How could you tell?
(01-28-2024, 11:28 PM)ElbowGrease1973 II Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 11:04 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Then me and my mate decided to go to Weston-Super-Mare after the game and the High Street was trashed. 

How could you tell?

aRF
Bristol City mid to late 90's when they tried to storm the SME.....remember the bloke I sat next too was in the E&S with a picture of him and a number for identification purposes
Yesterday was handbags in reality. Had there been police in the area it would have stoped it much quicker; a load of nonsense with people wanting to be the hard man.

Just get the dingles chucked out asap instead of arguing with them.

I would assume the wolves fans have been arrested? As will the Jimmy Saville look-a-like!
滚开赖
(01-29-2024, 08:48 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: Yesterday was handbags in reality.  Had there been police in the area it would have stoped it much quicker; a load of nonsense with people wanting to be the hard man.

Yep. More of an embarrassment than anything. However, some folks got caught up in it though, saw one post on twatter of a lady who was at the front with her disabled child, stewards/police had to get them out of there. Apparently both team captains checked on them to make sure they were okay, and they watched the remainder of the game next to the dugouts. 

These coked-up twats just don't think or care who gets caught up in their escapades.
The Millwall game at the back of the Smethwick was far worse. Luckily for the dingles yesterday who got sussed they were in the Halfords and not one of the other stands. It wasn’t a good look but barely anything happened really that doesn’t happen outside a lot of grounds weekly
(01-29-2024, 09:04 AM)MrFizz Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 08:48 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: Yesterday was handbags in reality.  Had there been police in the area it would have stoped it much quicker; a load of nonsense with people wanting to be the hard man.

Yep. More of an embarrassment than anything. However, some folks got caught up in it though, saw one post on twatter of a lady who was at the front with her disabled child, stewards/police had to get them out of there. Apparently both team captains checked on them to make sure they were okay, and they watched the remainder of the game next to the dugouts. 

These coked-up twats just don't think or care who gets caught up in their escapades.

Unfortunately that’s the part the idiots don’t understand.  

It just seemed more posturing and dancing than actual violence, although I was viewing it from the ES corner by the SME.  

I thought it was great atmosphere and then you get people that take it too far.  Sadly it’s not a new thing for a few things to be thrown across all grounds but the trying to breakthrough to get at the wolves fans was a bit pathetic.  Those that got clobbered with the truncheons deserved it. 

I imagine a few people will be awaiting a knock on the door over the next few days.  How stupid do you have to be to do that in a football ground?  At least it will wipe a few of them from our games for the foreseeable.

See, there’s always a positive!
滚开赖
Got to be Bristol City when the whole of the Smeth was fighting, someone in a wheelchair right in the middle of it all too!