Biggest trouble at the Hawthorns since?
I would say Leeds in 82, when they tried to get the game abandoned as we sent them to relegation. 

As an aside, please remember that we as a club barely ever have been involved in major crowd disorder. 

It’s unfortunate today, but hopefully lessons will be learnt regarding ticketing etc and it will be seen as an isolated event.
(01-28-2024, 08:55 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I would say Leeds in 82, when they tried to get the game abandoned as we sent them to relegation. 

As an aside, please remember that we as a club barely ever have been involved in major crowd disorder. 

It’s unfortunate today, but hopefully lessons will be learnt regarding ticketing etc and it will be seen as an isolated event.

Villa Park after the Cup QF.
The Blues game will be over-policed.

That was nothing today, compared with Leeds.
(01-28-2024, 08:55 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I would say Leeds in 82, when they tried to get the game abandoned as we sent them to relegation. 

Millwall in 83, League Cup.
(01-28-2024, 09:00 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: The Blues game will be over-policed.

Precisely. My wife was texting to see if we were ok and I found it comical compared to some of the moody stuff in and out of the ground years ago. 
I recall seeing a Villa fan kicked to shit in the Brummie in the 70s and fans charging at each other along Halfords Lane. 
Football has thankfully been gentrified over the years and that’s what makes some stuff like this so unique.
Didn't we have a game at home to Bristol City stopped in the late 90s due to crowd trouble in the Smethwick? I wasn't at the game but definitely remember it being mentioned on Soccer Saturday.
(01-28-2024, 09:31 PM)Man from delmonte Wrote: Didn't we have a game at home to Bristol City stopped in the late 90s due to crowd trouble in the Smethwick? I wasn't at the game but definitely remember it being mentioned on Soccer Saturday.

Was just going to say the same. Definitely some fists thrown between fans iirc.
(01-28-2024, 09:00 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: The Blues game will be over-policed.

Correct.

Quite a lot of trouble up there against Chelsea the night they win the league.

(01-28-2024, 09:07 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Precisely. My wife was texting to see if we were ok and I found it comical compared to some of the moody stuff in and out of the ground years ago. 
I recall seeing a Villa fan kicked to shit in the Brummie in the 70s and fans charging at each other along Halfords Lane. 
Football has thankfully been gentrified over the years and that’s what makes some stuff like this so unique.

Difficult if you had younger kids with you in specific areas but, though not far from the Halfords corner it never ever felt dangerous to me or the wife.
We would never take our daughter to this fixture over the years when she was a child.

Nothing like the bad old days when most games had some kind of disturbance pre or post match esp
With away fans going back to Rolf Street.
Remember West Ham ICF rocking up in Halfords Lane for a cup game and it was like the Wild West!
Millwall at home a few years back was rowdy. Millwall fans broke through the gates outside the back of the Smethwick at HT and got a beating.
United 02/03 season wasn’t nice in response to them jumping us outside old Trafford on the first day of the season as they thought we were taking the mick out of Munich. 

Stoke at home mid 90s! WBA fans rolled a mini bus by the sportsman! 

Stoke away at Victoria park, driving home on the coach with back window missing!