The death of the Conservative Party
Can only assume they are so far down the road of lunacy they would rather go off the cliff than back down the path
Someone could have been killed
(01-18-2024, 09:08 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Can only assume they are so far down the road of lunacy they would rather go off the cliff than back down the path

I agree with that.
(01-18-2024, 09:06 AM)Protheroe Wrote: I am now beyond astounded at the effort and Parliamentary time the Tories are putting into this. For what end?

It's because splitting the gammon vote between Reform (etc) and the Tories see your lot in opposition (or coalition), in perpetuity.  Short term pain but keeping Reform (etc) in the <10% gang means the party survives.

Doesn't stop you from being absolute cunts though.  But that's politics.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
At least the under 50s have some sense…

For people under 50 today's YouGov poll is:

Lab 60%
Con 10%
Green 10%
LD 9%
Reform 5%
SNP 3%
(01-18-2024, 02:10 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: At least the under 50s have some sense…

Lab 60%
Con 10%
Green 10%
LD 9%
Reform 5%
SNP 3%

If they bother to vote. So many young people don't bother. I worked with a few around the time of the coalition win and none voted. They are all the same I was told.
(01-18-2024, 02:10 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: At least the under 50s have some sense…

Lab 60%
Con 10%
Green 10%
LD 9%
Reform 5%
SNP 3%

60% of under 50s want to be taxed more to shovel even more cash into pensions, the health service and social care? That's very kind of them.

If I was under 50 I'd be setting up a party that would ensure those with massive entirely unearned housing wealth, and DB pensions the like of which I'd never see pay their way.
Mandem hates the public sector so much he's launching a political party!
(01-19-2024, 06:13 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Mandem hates the public sector so much he's launching a political party!

4 out 10 of those between 18-24 have used private sector services for medical diagnostics or GP appointments in the last 3 years - so it seems it's not just us X'ers who've given up on the state.
Almost the entirety of general practice is private sector. Your figures are understated.
You misunderstand. They’ve paid for treatment.

GPs have always been private businesses free at the point of use.