How do explain school is important to young people anymore?
(01-08-2024, 04:17 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 04:04 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Maybe someone at some point will think about the really novel idea of asking the kids why school is such a turn off and what things make it seem unimportant to them. I do, but not many seem to have had that brainwave just yet. Arrogance at its finest

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...aying-away

Bang on cue, someone actually getting near to the truth

You could learn a lot in 2 minutes here Proth

Much to agree with in there too CF.

Let's just agree that neither us believe uber-CUNT James O'Brien has anything relevant to add to the debate.

To be honest, think we both know there has been damage and both agree reform is needed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an Education Secretary in my lifetime good enough to be as radical as what’s required now.
Someone could have been killed
(01-08-2024, 04:20 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: To be honest, think we both know there has been damage and both agree reform is needed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an Education Secretary in my lifetime good enough to be as radical as what’s required now.

We can certainly agree on that. Well since 1974 anyway...
For many jobs nowadays though online presence seems far more valuable than actually knowing what the fugg you are doing.
Very easy to have kept the schools open. Not as easy to have kept the teachers healthy enough to teach them though without any vaccine or protections. Small but easily overlooked detail.
I never claimed it would be easy. Just entirely necessary.
And who would do the teaching of this entirely necessary task?
Society is evolving faster than historical structures and some employees can keep up with. The educations system is the pinnacle of this
Someone could have been killed
(01-08-2024, 10:24 PM)baggy1 Wrote: And who would do the teaching of this entirely necessary task?

Teachers. Who else? Jesus Christ.
(01-09-2024, 09:01 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 10:24 PM)baggy1 Wrote: And who would do the teaching of this entirely necessary task?

Teachers. Who else? Jesus Christ.

The protections were not in place to allow that, in the 1st year especially. You’re asking teachers to risk their lives as there were no protections in place or even proposed.
As ever Proth manoeuvres the thread to a binary schools should have been open argument no matter the risk to teachers and others in the school.