Addtional MSD loan
Hmmmm.

Very risky, but we seemingly have no choice.

If you have a God pray to him that the takeover goes through in a timely manner. One never knows what is round the corner...
(11-27-2023, 11:47 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Hmmmm.

If you have a God pray to him that the takeover goes through in a timely manner. One never knows what is round the corner...

It's a lot more positive than it looks at first glance. In every respect.
Someone could have been killed
Nailed on to be taken over imminently now.

If there was no take over the club would be selling everyone in Jan not taking money to keep the club going as a going concern.
(11-27-2023, 11:47 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Hmmmm.

I think it is that MSD had no choice. They  can't call in the debt now, that would put their capital at significant risk, in a Derby County kind of way.

They must have some confidence in the takeover, otherwise they would be playing hardball, forcing the club to sell players or face the consequences.
who exactly are MSD?
(11-27-2023, 11:08 AM)AnelkasBeard Wrote: Would you say this is a stopgap loan to keep us not selling players in January, so we can sell the club?

Potentially authorised by any bidders?

Defo a stop gap, so we don't have to see players in Jan.

Either:-

1) The bidders have agreed to it, as this has increased the debts of the club and will therefore need to be factored in to the selling price. 

Or

2) The bidders have walked and we are financially fucked and need to take out more funds to see us through to the end of Jan and will be selling player in the window.

Most likely scenario 1, but the timing is odd, as it shows we clearly need the cash before the start of Jan when the window opens.
I told you I’ll be back
(11-27-2023, 11:56 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 11:08 AM)AnelkasBeard Wrote: Would you say this is a stopgap loan to keep us not selling players in January, so we can sell the club?

Potentially authorised by any bidders?

Defo a stop gap, so we don't have to see players in Jan.

Either:-

1) The bidders have agreed to it, as this has increased the debts of the club and will therefore need to be factored in to the selling price. 

Or

2) The bidders have walked and we are financially fucked and need to take out more funds to see us through to the end of Jan and will be selling player in the window.

Most likely scenario 1, but the timing is odd, as it shows we clearly need the cash before the start of Jan when the window opens.

1 is near the mark.

Also Lurker on the mark.
Someone could have been killed
(11-27-2023, 11:49 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Nailed on to be taken over imminently now.

If there was no take over the club would be selling everyone in Jan not taking money to keep the club going as a going concern.

Unless the projected cash flow shows a deficit before the start of jan, which is what I suspect. Otherwise, why take out the extra funding now, when we can raise cash from player sales in Jan?
I told you I’ll be back
(11-27-2023, 12:02 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 11:49 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Nailed on to be taken over imminently now.

Unless the projected cash flow shows a deficit before the start of jan, which is what I suspect. Otherwise, why take out the extra funding now, when we can raise cash from player sales in Jan?

Because the incoming owners want stability to keep the momentum going on pitch. 

We would have forecasted to get through to Jan and then sell with no taker over. 

The only other option is Lai et al are rolling the dice one more time hoping we get promoted.
(11-27-2023, 12:05 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 12:02 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Because the incoming owners want stability to keep the momentum going on pitch. 

We would have forecasted to get through to Jan and then sell with no taker over. 

The only other option is Lai et al are rolling the dice one more time hoping we get promoted.

We wouldn't want to pay over a month's interest on the loan, for it to sit in our bank account. We clearly need those funds imminently.
I told you I’ll be back