If you were Lai
We are the richest club in the pyramid, owned by the PRC. Has Chairman Lai been talking to Chairman Xi with a view to a modicum of sportswashing? Was the little bloke Chinese?
Fuck the Tories, Fuck Brexit, Fuck Putin & Fuck VAR
(11-05-2023, 10:53 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 09:21 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: If he / they gave a fuck, the Wisdom loan would have been repaid when due, along with Baldies loan that he / they took on, when he / they bought WBA holdings Ltd.

Lai is a merely a puppet for all the investors.

You’re missing the point entirely.  Lai is not the 1100+ investors, Wisdom Smart is his own “mechanism” and it’s Lai who’s broke and simply can’t repay.

Riding it out in January for the rest of the season without selling any players simply isn’t an option.  A said absolutely needs to happen or we’ll be selling several key players in January and replacing them with 
“free” signings and loans.

So the 1100+ investors were happy for an unsecured loan to be made to Wisdom? Seems odd.  Or maybe that’s why Lai hasn’t been seen for a while, as the Chinese have a skill in making people vanish.  Although, it’d be easy for him to go under the radar, given his height. Big Grin
I get we are totally skint but you'd think if we are well in the play off picture and in striking distance of the top two then any potential buyer carrying out DD would not be overly enamored with us selling our best players and in turn jeopardising our promotion chances and subsequently their return on investment.

Our sale will be quite unique in that usually a distressed sale comes with a struggling club on the pitch.

Could make negotiations more difficult too with the promising riches of the premier league seeming closer. I'm presuming any sale would have an uplift in the event of promotion.

The long and the short of it is that both selling and buying parties are better off trying to keep this squad together even if just for a short few months.

It's going to be interesting......
(11-05-2023, 10:43 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Breaking news and update on takeover on Goldberg's podcast at lunchtime

Byline Times or Liquidator?
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(11-05-2023, 11:41 AM)Peachy Wrote: I get we are totally skint but you'd think if we are well in the play off picture and in striking distance of the top two then any potential buyer carrying out DD would not be overly enamored with us selling our best players and in turn jeopardising our promotion chances and subsequently their return on investment.

Our sale will be quite unique in that usually a distressed sale comes with a struggling club on the pitch.

Could make negotiations more difficult too with the promising riches of the premier league seeming closer. I'm presuming any sale would have an uplift in the event of promotion.

The long and the short of it is that both selling and buying parties are better off trying to keep this squad together even if just for a short few months.

Nothing can be quite unique Peachy - it can't be qualified.  As the mystery buyer of the club, I expect better from its supporters.

Damn!  Given it away!!
(11-05-2023, 11:41 AM)Peachy Wrote: I get we are totally skint but you'd think if we are well in the play off picture and in striking distance of the top two then any potential buyer carrying out DD would not be overly enamored with us selling our best players and in turn jeopardising our promotion chances and subsequently their return on investment.

If we can’t pay the players before the takeover, then the players can leave for free and we get docked points.  That’s a lose lose situation.  

The decisions made will be based around the projected cash flow forecasts
(11-05-2023, 11:05 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 10:53 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 09:21 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: If he / they gave a fuck, the Wisdom loan would have been repaid when due, along with Baldies loan that he / they took on, when he / they bought WBA holdings Ltd.

Lai is a merely a puppet for all the investors.

You’re missing the point entirely.  Lai is not the 1100+ investors, Wisdom Smart is his own “mechanism” and it’s Lai who’s broke and simply can’t repay.

Riding it out in January for the rest of the season without selling any players simply isn’t an option.  A said absolutely needs to happen or we’ll be selling several key players in January and replacing them with 
“free” signings and loans.

So the 1100+ investors were happy for an unsecured loan to be made to Wisdom? Seems odd.  Or maybe that’s why Lai hasn’t been seen for a while, as the Chinese have a skill in making people vanish.  Although, it’d be easy for him to go under the radar, given his height. Big Grin

You can your bottom dollar that they won’t have been happy!   And yes, he has been “Lai-ing” low!

A very high risk strategy indeed though, given that we will literally not be able to pay the wages by the end of the season!

(11-05-2023, 11:57 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

If we can’t pay the players before the takeover, then the players can leave for free and we get docked points.  That’s a lose lose situation.  

The decisions made will be based around the projected cash flow forecasts

100% correct
(11-05-2023, 10:44 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 10:33 AM)Babel Wrote: My  best hope is that we are doing well enough at Yuletide for Lai to accept no sales of players CeeCee wants to keep.
And if we're challenging for 3/4spot, with second within distant reach shirley we'll be worth more?

It will all depend on the projected cash flow forecasts 

If the forecasts are that we will have ran out of cash before a sale, then players will be sold in Jan

If a potential buyer is not going to invest in the club (other than the purchase price) then players will be sold in Jan.

MM stated in the last Academy meeting, players will be sold in Jan in order to reduce the wage bill.  So get ready to see our better players leave.

If you had to flog one player to fill a cash flow hole?
(11-06-2023, 09:16 AM)Babel Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 10:44 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 10:33 AM)Babel Wrote: My  best hope is that we are doing well enough at Yuletide for Lai to accept no sales of players CeeCee wants to keep.
And if we're challenging for 3/4spot, with second within distant reach shirley we'll be worth more?

It will all depend on the projected cash flow forecasts 

If the forecasts are that we will have ran out of cash before a sale, then players will be sold in Jan

If a potential buyer is not going to invest in the club (other than the purchase price) then players will be sold in Jan.

MM stated in the last Academy meeting, players will be sold in Jan in order to reduce the wage bill.  So get ready to see our better players leave.

If you had to flog one player to fill a cash flow hole?

Well the way he's playing at the moment you'd have to say Grady would fetch us the most money. There was talk of Leeds being interested in the summer but he was still injured.

I can see a fair few lower prem sides being interested too if he keeps his current form up.
…was thinking the same, peachy.