If you were Lai
Rumours on twitter and the Liquidator last night of some bloke at the last few games. Could be BS!
(11-05-2023, 09:24 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 09:18 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 09:15 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 09:08 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 09:01 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Would you try one last role of the dice in January, given the position/form we're in? It's the only way he's getting his money back...

I think, hopefully, it's past that point. In a funny way I think we are in the best worst position we can be in that regard, in terms of the table.

Yeah, I was posting more through worry than hope. I guess the difficult thing for him would be getting all of the investors to chuck in their tuppence and not have to change the underlying ownership structure.

Valid concerns and it's Albion ay it so you just know even at this stage it can all go tits up. But id also argue that those in the advanced NDA stage will be keener than ever to get it done. And also probably willing to have a financial shot at helping it along in January

Seems to have gone very quiet on the rumoured take over talks of late , is that a good or bad sign as you say be typically Albion to go tits up at the 11th hour. I just pray for once lady luck shines on us and we can finally wave good bye to this charlatans once and for all.

I like the Charlatans and have been listening to them often whilst out walking of late.
I told you I’ll be back
Nothing more than conjecture on my part but I said yesterday there seems to have been a shift to almost dark before the dawn silence from people that normally indicate to me where things are at..could be misinterpretation by me but just my view if you want it that it's very close. Don't think anyone has yet pinpointed who the mystery bloke that has been sat with Ken and the others for the past 2 games is and has appeared out of seemingly nowhere.

(11-05-2023, 09:28 AM)Cornflake Wrote: Rumours on twitter and the Liquidator last night of some bloke at the last few games. Could be BS!

There is no doubt that a new and unidentified bloke has been with the Chairman et al last 2 games. Whether it is connected I have no idea. Also wouldn't surprise me if the random appearance of Andy Street on the first occasion held some wider significance
Someone could have been killed
Surely anything going through right now would have prices agreed and ready for DD to be carried out? May have some bail out clauses and such like too, in case of one or other party reneging? I don't know, but the half a million financial experts on here would probably know better.
My best hope is that we are doing well enough at Yuletide for Lai to accept no sales of players CeeCee wants to keep.
And if we're challenging for 3/4spot, with second within distant reach shirley we'll be worth more?
(11-05-2023, 10:24 AM)NewWanker Wrote: Surely anything going through right now would have prices agreed and ready for DD to be carried out? May have some bail out clauses and such like too, in case of one or other party reneging? I don't know, but the half a million financial experts on here would probably know better.

Where’s Duffers when you need him? Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back
(11-05-2023, 09:30 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Nothing more than conjecture on my part but I said yesterday there seems to have been a shift to almost dark before the dawn silence from people that normally indicate to me where things are at..could be misinterpretation by me but just my view if you want it that it's very close. Don't think anyone has yet pinpointed who the mystery bloke that has been sat with Ken and the others for the past 2 games is and has appeared out of seemingly nowhere.

(11-05-2023, 09:28 AM)Cornflake Wrote: Rumours on twitter and the Liquidator last night of some bloke at the last few games. Could be BS!

There is no doubt that a new and unidentified bloke has been with the Chairman et al last 2 games. Whether it is connected I have no idea. Also wouldn't surprise me if the random appearance of Andy Street on the first occasion held some wider significance

Street completely blanked me at the QPR game, rude.

All I asked him is why a Villa fan was there.
Breaking news and update on takeover on Goldberg's podcast at lunchtime
Someone could have been killed
(11-05-2023, 10:33 AM)Babel Wrote: My  best hope is that we are doing well enough at Yuletide for Lai to accept no sales of players CeeCee wants to keep.
And if we're challenging for 3/4spot, with second within distant reach shirley we'll be worth more?

It will all depend on the projected cash flow forecasts 

If the forecasts are that we will have ran out of cash before a sale, then players will be sold in Jan

If a potential buyer is not going to invest in the club (other than the purchase price) then players will be sold in Jan.

MM stated in the last Academy meeting, players will be sold in Jan in order to reduce the wage bill.  So get ready to see our better players leave.
I told you I’ll be back
(11-05-2023, 09:21 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: If he / they gave a fuck, the Wisdom loan would have been repaid when due, along with Baldies loan that he / they took on, when he / they bought WBA holdings Ltd.

Lai is a merely a puppet for all the investors.

You’re missing the point entirely.  Lai is not the 1100+ investors, Wisdom Smart is his own “mechanism” and it’s Lai who’s broke and simply can’t repay.

Riding it out in January for the rest of the season without selling any players simply isn’t an option.  A said absolutely needs to happen or we’ll be selling several key players in January and replacing them with 
“free” signings and loans.