Greetings from Paris
(09-13-2023, 09:16 AM)Duffers Wrote: The problem with globally famous and massive cities like New York, London, Paris, etc is that unless you know the city or know someone who does it's hard to work out what to do or where to go, so people just naturally flock to the well known touristy areas, which will be dirty, expensive, crowded, etc.

If I stepped off the train at Euston for the very first time I would have absolutely no idea where to go or what to do.

Do people seriously travel to these places without doing any prior research? If you got off the train at Euston having not done any planning whatsoever, you've only got yourself to blame, not London.
(09-13-2023, 09:16 AM)Duffers Wrote: The problem with globally famous and massive cities like New York, London, Paris, etc is that unless you know the city or know someone who does it's hard to work out what to do or where to go, so people just naturally flock to the well known touristy areas, which will be dirty, expensive, crowded, etc.

If I stepped off the train at Euston for the very first time I would have absolutely no idea where to go or what to do.

This is probably true. My ex missus was living there so she knew all the haunts and she could speak fluent French (which always helps)