Chalobah
(08-19-2023, 09:50 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 09:44 AM)Peachy Wrote: I still have a feeling Chalobah will be gone before this window is out. Just a hunch.

Yeah I think so too.

For what it’s worth I don’t think he’s been that bad so far this season.

Is that because his bar was set at "awful" last season? Anything might be an improvement of sorts on that. For me, he is still way off being an effective footballer, certainly if the intention is promotion. Thinking about it, even if the intention is avoiding relegation!
(08-19-2023, 09:05 AM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 12:42 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Another appearance for Chalobah. Strange considering he was surplus to requirements a few weeks back. Even more strange that he’s being selected over Alex Mowatt, who had a very good pre season and seemed to be in CC’s plan. He may as well go on loan again.

As a direct replacement for Okay it made sense.

Was he actually surplus to requirements? Or was it just that an opportunity arose for the club to reduce the wage bill, regardless of who that player was?

This. He was bought in specifically to cover for Yuk. Looks like Mowatt has dropped behind TGH as cover for Molomby.
(08-19-2023, 10:04 AM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 09:50 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 09:44 AM)Peachy Wrote: I still have a feeling Chalobah will be gone before this window is out. Just a hunch.

Yeah I think so too.

For what it’s worth I don’t think he’s been that bad so far this season.

Is that because his bar was set at "awful" last season? Anything might be an improvement of sorts on that. For me, he is still way off being an effective footballer, certainly if the intention is promotion. Thinking about it, even if the intention is avoiding relegation!

Probably, I wouldn’t say he’s been good
He’s terrible and a terrible waste of scarce cash. He was supposedly on £50k a week at Fulham so doubt he is on a pittance.

I could live with him being Okay’s replacement but what a waste paying thousands for someone to sit on the bench and play the odd game.

What he isn’t is Molumby’s replacement as he showed v Swansea and Blackburn as players glided past him.
(08-19-2023, 11:18 AM)Stillclem4england Wrote: He’s terrible and a terrible waste of scarce cash. He was supposedly on £50k a week at Fulham so doubt he is on a pittance.

I could live with him being Okay’s replacement but what a waste paying thousands for someone to sit on the bench and play the odd game.

What he isn’t is Molumby’s replacement as he showed v Swansea and Blackburn as players glided past him.
Where have you plucked 50k a week from?
Ridiculous if true.
(08-19-2023, 11:19 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 11:18 AM)Stillclem4england Wrote: He’s terrible and a terrible waste of scarce cash. He was supposedly on £50k a week at Fulham so doubt he is on a pittance.

Ridiculous if true.

Probably about right - he was playing PL football for quite some time and joined Fulham on a freebie... Imagine he wont have been paid £50k in the Champ, but saw a bump when they got promoted.
(08-19-2023, 11:19 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:

Ridiculous if true.
One of those leaked salary things you see online. You know the ones where, depending on source, Mowatt and Reach are either on £25k a week or £40k.