Mulumby and Griffiths
(06-18-2023, 02:55 PM)Hughie Reed 31 Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 09:55 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 09:53 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 09:48 AM)Throstle4Life79 Wrote: So £40 million in sales from that list. Well see none of that with this regime. The sooner the Chinese are gone. The better. We also need to keep the manager. Lose him were fucked. We'll end up with Dean Smith or Michael Appleton. God help us. ?

Why won’t we see it?  They can’t take a penalty out unless and until the MSD loan is repaid in full.

We won’t be able to take a penalty if we don’t have any players left.

Pragmatist
Surely your not that naive, bound to be a few dummy invoices thrown in?

Strangely enough I have every confidence in the current auditors to pick up anything material.  It’s not as they aren’t on high alert
(06-18-2023, 02:57 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 09:53 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 09:48 AM)Throstle4Life79 Wrote: So £40 million in sales from that list. Well see none of that with this regime. The sooner the Chinese are gone. The better. We also need to keep the manager. Lose him were fucked. We'll end up with Dean Smith or Michael Appleton. God help us. ?

Why won’t we see it?  They can’t take a penalty out unless and until the MSD loan is repaid in full.

Pragmatist

Strangely enough I have every confidence in the current auditors to pick up anything material.  It’s not as they aren’t on high alert

Who pays the auditors? Oh yeah!!!  The company and so they are customers of the co
Pant and therefore hardly independent.   “Do you want to remain auditors or not?” 

Have the auditors changed over the last few years?
I told you I’ll be back
(06-18-2023, 03:35 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 09:53 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: Why won’t we see it?  They can’t take a penalty out unless and until the MSD loan is repaid in full.

Pragmatist

Who pays the auditors? Oh yeah!!!  The company and so they are customers of the co
Pant and therefore hardly independent.   “Do you want to remain auditors or not?” 

Yes they have changed - last year.  And yes, they are independent even though appointed by the company.  Nevertheless they have to adhere to high professional standards.  They don’t just do as they are told and the new auditors certainly went into this with open eyes.
(06-18-2023, 03:44 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 09:55 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: We won’t be able to take a penalty if we don’t have any players left.

Pragmatist

Yes they have changed - last year.  And yes, they are independent even though appointed by the company.  Nevertheless they have to adhere to high professional standards.  They don’t just do as they are told and the new auditors certainly went into this with open eyes.
Normally I'm sceptical of auditors working to high professional standards - just look at all the scandals and cock-ups by so many of them them and that's just the highly publiciized stuff.  As I have said, I have heard auditor colleagues in a Big 4 firm refer to clients as "we", and meant it.

That said, I think the new auditors will know they are being watched and the problems in the finances/management at the Albion are high profile.
(06-18-2023, 09:55 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: We won’t be able to take a penalty if we don’t have any players left.

Pragmatist

The question of independence is always up for grabs, seeing as they are clients of the company they are auditing.

So why did the auditors change?
I told you I’ll be back
(06-18-2023, 04:42 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 02:55 PM)Hughie Reed 31 Wrote: Pragmatist

The question of independence is always up for grabs, seeing as they are clients of the company they are auditing.

Officially?  It was due to the level of fees.

Unofficially?  I have my suspicions
(06-18-2023, 05:09 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 04:42 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 02:57 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: Strangely enough I have every confidence in the current auditors to pick up anything material.  It’s not as they aren’t on high alert

Officially?  It was due to the level of fees.

Unofficially?  I have my suspicions

When accounts are murky it's business sense to change auditors so as to create further criss crossing of details and facts. It's no coincidence that our financial heads and directors have all moved on.
Without real facts you can only make your own mind up as to what you think.
The truth inevitably never comes out. Oh unless they want it to.
Nice to see one page on this dump have some serious conversation.

Do we have any idea which firm is auditing them now?

Given the debenture - do we know if they are connected to MSD at all?

I honestly have missed all these details but they could be crucial in knowing how messy this is going to end up…
(06-18-2023, 08:17 PM)MGalea Wrote: Nice to see one page on this dump have some serious conversation.

Do we have any idea which firm is auditing them now?

Given the debenture - do we know if they are connected to MSD at all?

I honestly have missed all these details but they could be crucial in knowing how messy this is going to end up…

It’s Azets (Birmingham office) who replaced PwC several months prior to MSD coming onto the scene. PwC resigned a year or so ago.
(06-18-2023, 09:39 AM)Bilic's Beard Wrote: Quite honestly I don't care who we sell as I'm sick of all of them except probably Palmer , BTA ,get a few in with the attitude  of those along with a couple of youngsters like Taylor ,add a few unknowns and who nows what will happen .Yes we may get relegated but eventually  we will anyway under this regime. Our window won't open till the last day imo so any signings before then isxq bonus but we've got to hope about 75% of clubs miss a few hidden gems at the bottom of the barrel for us to find .

Same here...apart from a couple...I couldnt care less. Its been a while since ive taken players to heart anyway.