Brighton Match Thread
(01-27-2019, 11:15 PM)Dumbo Wrote: I travelled to Brighton.

Thought we were fucking tremendous. Was fearing the worse when I first heard the team in the pub.

Let’s see how the draw goes and move on from that.

Draw City or United away then play the same team. Get a lower team then add a couple more first teamers, although the majority deserve to play regardless.

Agreed - We don't want to waste resources on something that we aren't going to win. Our focus really has to be the league. 

7:15 tonight and we're ball number 5 apparently.
Observations. First half was very underwhelming. Second half much better as the players grew in confidence. Picks for me were Bond, Tosin, Field and the seagulls sitting in the upper reaches of the home stands while taking a break from the weather. Leko has so much potential which will all go to waste if he doesn't improve his decision making and final ball. Shit stadium, wankers for stewards and shite home support. Oh, and it was fucking cold when that wind kicked in.

Ed: and the lamb pies were shit.
(01-28-2019, 11:49 AM)Cola Wrote: Dirty horrible place full of weirdos

But enough about this board...
(01-28-2019, 11:56 AM)JYou and me are great mates Duffers Wrote:

You and me are great mates Duffers. Best pals forever
(01-28-2019, 11:58 AM)Cola Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 11:56 AM)JYou and me are great mates Duffers Wrote:

You and me are great mates Duffers. Best pals forever

I do like to think so... Sorry, who are you again?
Fizzy cola
Really pleased how we played especially in the second half, Bond Mom obviously closely followed by our Sam, really am worried for Leko now, he just doesn't seem to have any end product.
Second visit to the Amex now, and I can't help feeling the Brighton fans are up their own arses, they seem to have short memories when just short of 22 years ago, I along with thousands of others went to the fans day at the Goldstone to support them in their darkest hour.
Apart from that it was a bloody long day.
The home fans were absolutely shite. Crap stadium.
(01-28-2019, 12:57 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: The home fans were absolutely shite. Crap stadium.

Typical plastic fans, in plastic stadium.
I went and thoroughly enjoyed a day out on the sauce. Bond and Field outstanding performances. Overall Brighton better than us, but we could have nicked it with better decision making in and around penalty area - the players looked almost scared to shoot. Both centre-halfs were very good and Mears had a solid game, considering he's 58.
The ground is basically a soulless modern stadium, even quieter than the Emirates.