WBAUnofficial
Brighton Match Thread - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Brighton Match Thread (/showthread.php?tid=3)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Brighton Match Thread - Old Stroller - 01-27-2019

How was it? I didn’t go, and have only read the Express & Star match report and watched what passed for highlights on MOTD. 

Did the kids play well?

RE: Brighton Match Thread - tiptontown - 01-27-2019

Yes, they put on a good performance, They certainly looked like they were looking to impress.
Bond, the keeper had a steady game too.

Probably could've done with Gayle or JRod up top to provide more cutting edge mind. HRK is a tidy enough player, but he never looks like scoring.

RE: Brighton Match Thread - Albionmad - 01-27-2019

Under the cosh first half. Playing out from the back nearly cost us several times. Second half a different story. Composed on the ball and quick on the counter. Only HRKs lack of control and Lekos poor decision making prevented us scoring. Harper and Field played well second half. Edwards was played out of position so didn't have much of an opportunity to impose himself on the game. All in all if we can keep these young ones together it looks promising.

RE: Brighton Match Thread - Wednesburybaggie - 01-27-2019

I thought Sam Field and Jonathon Bond, particularly, were outstanding .As was Said above, if Gayle had played I think we would have won.

RE: Brighton Match Thread - wba13 - 01-27-2019

I did not go but heard nothing but positive reports about our young players, looking forward to the replay.

RE: Brighton Match Thread - Birdman1811 - 01-27-2019

Sounds like that goal lifted Fields confidence back up, he's struggled for best part of a year, since that prat Pardew was here. Let's hope he can kick on now, him and Harper should be putting pressure on the older players now.

RE: Brighton Match Thread - Banbury Baggie - 01-27-2019

I know he's only been in two games that most have seen, but I would pick Bond as first team No.1 every game...he seems so much more in command than SJ does

RE: Brighton Match Thread - Zak - 01-27-2019

(01-27-2019, 10:19 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: I know he's only been in two games that most have seen, but I would pick Bond as first team No.1 every game...he seems so much more in command than SJ does

Behave.

RE: Brighton Match Thread - Banbury Baggie - 01-27-2019

(01-27-2019, 10:20 PM)Zak Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 10:19 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: I know he's only been in two games that most have seen, but I would pick Bond as first team No.1 every game...he seems so much more in command than SJ does

Behave.

Why not.....his distribution is better that SJ and he plays with more confidence....SJ doesn't strike me as being as comfortable playing out the way they want him to...

What does SJ do better than Bond then?

RE: Brighton Match Thread - Baggiejacko - 01-27-2019

(01-27-2019, 10:24 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 10:20 PM)Zak Wrote:

Behave.

Why not.....his distribution is better that SJ and he plays with more confidence....SJ doesn't strike me as being as comfortable playing out the way they want him to...

What does SJ do better than Bond then?

Impress his manager more?