Billy Sharp
It'd be like signing Rickie Lambert all over again! No thank you!
I'd sooner Ashley Barnes
We'll probably get Ashley Banjo and Billy The Fish.
(05-10-2023, 01:31 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: I'd sooner Ashley Barnes

+1 if we're going down the route of aging strikers Barnes is a better option
(05-10-2023, 01:00 PM)Super-Okay Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 12:28 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: Looks like he’s being released by Blades.

Not the ideal age but he knows whether the back of the net is in this division

Prag - I like your posts but for me we need to target younger and more mobile players.

I also think BTA will be better with a pre season under CC.

Reality is can Malcom, Cleary or Fall step up with a contribution next season? I don’t think so.

I’d go for youth every time - if one is available and good enough.  

The lad at Blackpool looks interesting - Jerry Yates.

I think Malcom, Cleary and Faal need to go out on loan at L1 level for us to get a better clue whether they are actually good enough for the Championship.
I hope we never see another transfer like this. Has been a great player but is not any longer.

Our recruitment needs to focus on younger players with a potential sell on value. Most importantly, they need to suit the way we want to play. Too much of our recruitment is based on reputation or stats (Grant / Reach) with no vision of how they will fit in.
Same with loans, pick up players with a view to them playing week in week out and developing, not just "Oh they've got a decent reputation at a big club, so they must be good"

Do the fucking job properly ffs.
(05-10-2023, 02:01 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: We'll probably get Ashley Banjo and Billy The Fish.

They'll be great players!

[Image: CiAx4QoXEAAQ_QB.jpg]
(05-10-2023, 02:29 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote: I hope we never see another transfer like this. Has been a great player but is not any longer.

Our recruitment needs to focus on younger players with a potential sell on value. Most importantly, they need to suit the way we want to play. Too much of our recruitment is based on reputation or stats (Grant / Reach) with no vision of how they will fit in.
Same with loans, pick up players with a view to them playing week in week out and developing, not just "Oh they've got a decent reputation at a big club, so they must be good"

Do the fucking job properly ffs.

Yup
I've heard Ashley can't hit a cow's arse with one.
(05-10-2023, 03:03 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I've heard Ashley can't hit a cow's arse with one.

That twat goes anywhere near my wife's arse with his banjo I'll thump him. She'd probably give him a come hither smile which would turn him to stone in a Medusa styleee.