Billy Sharp
Looks like he’s being released by Blades.

Not the ideal age but he knows whether the back of the net is in this division
(05-10-2023, 12:28 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: Looks like he’s being released by Blades.

The sort of unimaginative lick through Rothmans on-his-way down signing we'll make. In fact I suggested it after we'd played Sheff U to my Sheff U colleague and he said "no chance he's finished at this level" so I fully expect it to happen.
(05-10-2023, 12:33 PM)Stillclem4england Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 12:28 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: Looks like he’s being released by Blades.

The sort of unimaginative lick through Rothmans on-his-way down signing we'll make. In fact I suggested it after we'd played Sheff U to my Sheff U colleague and he said "no chance he's finished at this level" so I fully expect it to happen.

Has Anichebe officially retired ?
(05-10-2023, 12:33 PM)Stillclem4england Wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me at all.
Got 3 goals in 45 appearances this season. I really hope we won’t be going down this route in terms of summer recruitment.

Prag - I like your posts but for me we need to target younger and more mobile players.

I also think BTA will be better with a pre season under CC.

Reality is can Malcom, Cleary or Fall step up with a contribution next season? I don’t think so.
Cheap and nasty at its best .
Tony pulis is a wanker 
No thank you.

2 or 3 years ago, would have been a great addition. 

That said, I wonder what's realistic for us. Perhaps Billy Sharp is the top end of our budget now.... I'd hope that we'd be looking for a younger hungry striker, but it's all going to come down to finances.

Let's hope King Carlos can coach the fuck out of them this summer!
Dike is a real sticking point with signing a forward at all.

It may be the case that we loan a CF and see how Dike comes back.
(05-10-2023, 01:15 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Dike is a real sticking point with signing a forward at all.

It may be the case that we loan a CF and see how Dike comes back.

The point missed on many is loan signings cost dough too.

I wouldn’t count on Dike for next season….we should see him as a bonus - ie when he comes back - to be used as an impact sub.

Reality is can we get by with just BTA and one more? I’d argue we could do with 2 new forwards.