Erik Pieters and Jayson Molumby
(05-09-2023, 10:17 AM)Cornflake Wrote: I can't see a Premier League club bidding for either Molumby or Yokuslu. One of the promoted clubs maybe but unlikely. Of those coming down it depends who they can get rid of but again I doubt it, and don't think anyone else has much cash.

A Prem club could take a punt on Dara or one of the keepers but for potential and as squad players.

It's difficult to know. Brighton are paying £30m for Joao Pedro from Watford and he's hardly been prolific so clubs clearly are looking towards the Championship. I'd have thought some clubs would be looking at the likes of O'Shea or Molumby particularly given their age.
(05-09-2023, 10:17 AM)Cornflake Wrote: I can't see a Premier League club bidding for either Molumby or Yokuslu. One of the promoted clubs maybe but unlikely. Of those coming down it depends who they can get rid of but again I doubt it, and don't think anyone else has much cash.

A Prem club could take a punt on Dara or one of the keepers but for potential and as squad players.

Dara aside, I can't see anyone in the PL making a bid for any of our players, and his injury has probably ended any interest for this summer.

Molumby will be in demand next summer if he continues to improve, and as with the keepers, they both have weaknesses in their game and need more football before they're going to attract bids.

Yokuslu is a big earner, and my concern with him is more that he'll angle to leave this summer, and if he does it'll be a loan move back to Turkey or elsewhere in Europe which we accept to get the wage bill down. We need to reduce our wages to bring people in and with Mowatt returning, Yokuslu is one who may be a way to free up some cash.

Grant, Mowatt, Bartley, Phillips, Grady and Reach are all big earners in this division and sadly through age, injury problems, attitude or just plain lack of ability do not contribute anywhere near what they need to to justify their salaries over a full season. We will be stuck I imagine with all of them next season and this is what will hold us back moving forward.
Molumby has grown a lot as a player and is key to how we play, needs to improve on aspects of his game but a good player at this level

Pieters has surpassed what anybody expected, brought in as left back cover the fact CC likes balance in defence he's played and in the main done well

Will be disastrous shoulud we extend his contract though, easily bullied and targeted by the opposition, severe lack of pace makes him back off way too much and this has proved costly on numerous occasions, see opening goal yesterday as a prime example

Thanks Erik but on yer bike, we also have mountains of options at CH

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
I don't recall who it was, but Molumby has definitely got significant stick at times, including people who said having to pay £900k for him was a waste of money.
(05-09-2023, 10:52 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote: I don't recall who it was, but Molumby has definitely got significant stick at times, including people who said having to pay £900k for him was a waste of money.

Plenty I'd say and up until this season it was a valid point

He's come on loads this season, mainly under CC, his early form was erratic at best

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Expressing doubts at the point of signing is one thing, but I don’t see a single shred of evidence for:

many posters on here still can't get over the fact that he isn't shite. 
(05-09-2023, 10:10 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: I'll happily say that JM has proven me wrong. Thought he was shit last year. Much better this and is getting better.

Must add goals/assists to his game though or his energy and tenacity will not be enough in that box to box #8 position.

Pieters has done fantastically but must be released and replaced with Kipre/Taylor just from a financial/age perspective.

This.

On both counts.
Didn’t Burnley want Dara start of the season?
(05-09-2023, 06:17 PM)Jerry Wrote: Didn’t Burnley want Dara start of the season?

Yes.

Kompany a huge fan.

Would anyone sell for £10m?
(05-09-2023, 06:17 PM)Super-Okay Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 06:17 PM)Jerry Wrote: Didn’t Burnley want Dara start of the season?

Yes.

Kompany a huge fan.

Would anyone sell for £10m?

Lai for starters.