The Pledge
(04-30-2023, 11:00 AM)Squid Wrote: Having actually read the article:

"This "homage of the people" replaces the traditional "homage of peers" where hereditary peers swear allegiance to the new monarch. Instead everyone in the Abbey and watching at home will be invited to pay homage in what Lambeth Palace described as a "chorus of millions"."

So, I can see the idea behind it, even though the only monarchy I support was lead by Freddie Mercury.

Cheshire - the King is the Head of the Church of England?! Of course there's going to be religion involved.

They should have left the nonsense out altogether.
Nope.
He can sUCK mY sTUMP
There was only one king as far as I am concerned and unfortunately he passed away a while back. Swearing allegiance to a person who has no idea how hard it is for people at the moment and lives in his ivory towers is something really quite abborant. Don’t get me started on how much this is costing the tax payers aswell. And as for god well he doesn’t excist so why would anyone swear allegiance to something that was a control method to keep the masses in check? As others have said they can suck my stump
It’s just a tradition that people are invited to take part in, part of the ceremony.

There’s no obligation. We’re bordering on man yelling at cloud 
He can suck my royal elf ass
https://www.strava.com/clubs/1030893 - WBA Unofficial Strava Running Club
(04-30-2023, 01:07 PM)Wotty Wrote: It’s just a tradition that people are invited to take part in, part of the ceremony.

How to say you’re a Daily Mail reader whilst not saying you’re a Daily Mail reader.
(04-30-2023, 01:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 01:07 PM)Wotty Wrote: It’s just a tradition that people are invited to take part in, part of the ceremony.

How to say you’re a Daily Mail reader whilst not saying you’re a Daily Mail reader.

How to say you have nothing worthwhile to say in response whilst not saying you have nothing worthwhile to say in response.
(04-30-2023, 01:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

What a strange comment. Blimey.

I’m not a Daily Mail reader, can’t stand them.

You sound like some irrational leftie. Either agree or you’re a mail reading racist ffs
(04-30-2023, 01:36 PM)Squid Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 01:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

How to say you have nothing worthwhile to say whilst not saying you have nothing worthwhile to say.

I think it is important as it highlights a very clear divide in U.K. culture and poor judgment by those who have advocated the idea as it is divisive request. Just take the silly pledge out of the whole ceremony as it creates yet another ‘culture war’ for GBeebies and the Mail / Express to imply by not pledging allegiance you are in some way not as British, English, patriotic etc.