Championship
(03-19-2023, 10:46 AM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 09:10 AM)KRO Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 07:24 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 12:13 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 10:35 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote: If he doesn't get us promoted this season then he won't next.

I admire your optimism.

I don't know why everyone is so worried about next season, as I described the other day. 

Our PPG since Carlos has been enough for playoffs/promotion, he'll have the summer to recruit a couple more for depth and his style. Every year people go on about the relegated teams yadda yadda, and every year one does as expected and the other two don't. Other Champ teams will also be in a financial mess, and wouldn't be shocked to see more transfer embargoes over the next few months. We have one more season before we're in trouble in that regard.

We'll be up there, 100% sure.

Bang on. I said exactly the same the other day. CC is our ace in the pack. With a full pre season and some good, motivated loan additions I see no reason at all for us not to be in the top 6.

The major problems start the season after if we don't get up....

If your money problems are what some have said without promotion this season you could be forced into getting rid of anyone sellable. That’s the real problem. Plus replacing them with cheaper players

Yup.

Plans People miss this point.

Is the wrong answer. It would have been the correct answer had we not taken out the MSD loan.
I told you I’ll be back
(03-19-2023, 12:23 PM)Mr Nimbus Wrote: The only question mark for summer 23 (apart from kids) will be, Rogic?  Worth keeping? Talent but not sure myself and will be on good wages.  Can we find a more mobile number 10?

If you look at the players here until summer 24, the form that both Phillip's and the Bartman showed under CC before injuries suggest that far from being the liability we envisaged on extending, they can both be first 11 come start of season and will be valuable to squad for their final year.

Yes we could do with a real leader either at the back or in CM but that's a valuable commodity, maybe we can add in the fullback area.  Thinking of the impact Clememt, Reid made and also the much maligned Ridgewell, surely they will look at competition for both full backs regardless. 

Maybe a left footed CB, but Pieters must be thinking he's earned another year? Cf I would only expect a loanee as they will be third choice.  Another runner for CM? So Mumby cam ve rested. Hoped TGH might step up, but doesn't seem to have trust of manager yet. 

The big question really is around Grady and Grant?? That's were a lot of our book value still sits.  I'm presuming they will be looking for a loan for Grant, as I dont think he suits the Corberan way.  His exit allows space for a youngster with some real pace to come in, as we nearly did with Hutchinson in the Jan window. 

Grady continues to be the conundrum.  Frustrating for months, then finds some form and gets injured.  Personally think a loan would be best for all, but we continue to hope next season it all comes together again.  At least his book value is going down, so we may even be open to offers.

So if we do fall short, I dont see the need to despair.  Good manager, decent squad (not top 2, but good enough to be in the mixer) and a bit of squad strengthening/freshening leaves us good to go again next year.  After that, who knows?

Rogic, Pieters, Grady, Grant, Button, Kipre and Livermore all need moving on this summer. If that means letting both Grady and Grant go out on loan (or selling Grady for a nominal fee) then it has to happen, no ifs, no buts. With those wages off the books it will be possible to build a squad of promising, hungry younger players and 2-3 Prem loans.

Palmer, Griffiths, O'Shea, Yokuslu, Molumby, Swift, Wallace, Dike and BTA would be the only ones I'd definitely keep. 

Not even sure about Philips, Bartley, Ajayi, Chalobah, Townsend and Furlong. If we could ship them out too they can be replaced with players at least as good but on less money. I've always liked Philips but we can't afford another 4-5 month season from him. I'd fancy the chance of a fee for Chalobah and the others would have suitors from Champ clubs.
(03-19-2023, 02:01 PM)BradleyFromTheHalfWayLine Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 12:23 PM)Mr Nimbus Wrote: The only question mark for summer 23 (apart from kids) will be, Rogic?  Worth keeping? Talent but not sure myself and will be on good wages.  Can we find a more mobile number 10?

If you look at the players here until summer 24, the form that both Phillip's and the Bartman showed under CC before injuries suggest that far from being the liability we envisaged on extending, they can both be first 11 come start of season and will be valuable to squad for their final year.

Yes we could do with a real leader either at the back or in CM but that's a valuable commodity, maybe we can add in the fullback area.  Thinking of the impact Clememt, Reid made and also the much maligned Ridgewell, surely they will look at competition for both full backs regardless. 

Maybe a left footed CB, but Pieters must be thinking he's earned another year? Cf I would only expect a loanee as they will be third choice.  Another runner for CM? So Mumby cam ve rested. Hoped TGH might step up, but doesn't seem to have trust of manager yet. 

The big question really is around Grady and Grant?? That's were a lot of our book value still sits.  I'm presuming they will be looking for a loan for Grant, as I dont think he suits the Corberan way.  His exit allows space for a youngster with some real pace to come in, as we nearly did with Hutchinson in the Jan window. 

Grady continues to be the conundrum.  Frustrating for months, then finds some form and gets injured.  Personally think a loan would be best for all, but we continue to hope next season it all comes together again.  At least his book value is going down, so we may even be open to offers.

So if we do fall short, I dont see the need to despair.  Good manager, decent squad (not top 2, but good enough to be in the mixer) and a bit of squad strengthening/freshening leaves us good to go again next year.  After that, who knows?

Rogic, Pieters, Grady, Grant, Button, Kipre and Livermore all need moving on this summer. If that means letting both Grady and Grant go out on loan (or selling Grady for a nominal fee) then it has to happen, no ifs, no buts. With those wages off the books it will be possible to build a squad of promising, hungry younger players and 2-3 Prem loans.

Palmer, Griffiths, O'Shea, Yokuslu, Molumby, Swift, Wallace, Dike and BTA would be the only ones I'd definitely keep. 

Not even sure about Philips, Bartley, Ajayi, Chalobah, Townsend and Furlong. If we could ship them out too they can be replaced with players at least as good but on less money. I've always liked Philips but we can't afford another 4-5 month season from him. I'd fancy the chance of a fee for Chalobah and the others would have suitors from Champ clubs.

What about Albert Steptoe?
(03-19-2023, 04:33 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 02:01 PM)BradleyFromTheHalfWayLine Wrote:

What about Albert Steptoe?

Last time I checked he was playing up front for Leicester.
I see all the players mentioned in this thread as "ones to move on" being here next year. They are all Chump players, and only clubs with parachutes can pay more than us.

Can't see those clubs wanting to offer better wages for our dead wood.
I'd have absolutely no issues with Pieters getting another year deal. Centre half and LB cover with experience and a good attitude.
(03-19-2023, 07:15 PM)Peachy Wrote: I'd have absolutely no issues with Pieters getting another year deal. Centre half and LB cover with experience and a good attitude.

Agree. One of the players of the season
Pieters has been class but he will soon hit an age where his legs go. He already survives on nous. Whether we keep him on depends on what options we have in front of him. I’d call back Kipre and Taylor and ship out Ajayi
Someone could have been killed
(03-19-2023, 07:15 PM)Peachy Wrote: I'd have absolutely no issues with Pieters getting another year deal. Centre half and LB cover with experience and a good attitude.

We could do worse.
We have 2 decent keepers;
Kipre and Taylor back - Ajayi, Bryan & Pieters (maybe harsh but Father Time and wages). If we could do a deal to release Kelly early that would be great;
Chalobah was signed on 18mth deal so stuck with him, Livermore will free up wages (and loads of space!);
Rogic - probably decent wages that can be saved too, Mowatt should be loaned again;
Albrighton can go back to Leicester; and
Find a home for Grant, a loan fee and his wages paid for would be great.

Needed:
2 full backs unless the kids are ready to step up, don’t believe so from what I’ve seen and heard;
2 midfielders, one a no10 type and the other a box to box leader;
A winger to cover/challenge Phillips, Grady and Wallace; and
A centre forward.

6 signings shouldn’t be difficult if 2 or 3 are loans. Getting the loans right can be the difference between top 6 or not, look at Harvey Barnes, Dwight Gayle and Jordan Hugill as perfect examples.
滚开赖