Championship
Starting to fall into place now. Clear daylight between the top and bottom half and a straight scrap between those  for the prem. Realistically I would discount Preston after today's drubbing destroyed their goal difference.

Coventry. On the rampage currently. Must fancy themselves.
Norwich. Ticking over nicely without drawing any rave reports.
Watford. 2 points dropped today against a team that looked AOTS last week at ours.
Sunderland. Late equaliser but only gave them 1 point from 2 home games this week.

Millwall and Blackburn currently holding the (realistically) coveted spots and Blackburn play just about everyone around them barring us.
Conclusion, it is practically back into our own hands. Whether we are up to it mentally is the key.
(03-18-2023, 06:12 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Starting to fall into place now. Clear daylight between the top and bottom half and a straight scrap between those  for the prem. Realistically I would discount Preston after today's drubbing destroyed their goal difference.

Watford. 2 points dropped today against a team that looked AOTS last week at ours.
Sunderland. Late equaliser but only gave them 1 point from 2 home games this week.

Millwall and Blackburn currently holding the (realistically) coveted spots and Blackburn play just about everyone around them barring us.
Conclusion, it is practically back into our own hands. Whether we are up to it mentally is the key.

Good post.

And yes, although our players obviously lack ability they have to show bollocks at least. It's still very possible. Let's wait and see...
An interesting post. I for one cannot believe Luton and millwall will not have a wobble. Hopefully from now. It’s Coventry I think we need to keep an eye on. They have built something and will be dangerous next year with a new owner and cash from the sale of the striker if they don’t go up
(03-18-2023, 07:15 PM)Topman Wrote: An interesting post. I for one cannot believe Luton and millwall will not have a wobble. Hopefully from now. It’s Coventry I think we need to keep an eye on. They have built something and will be dangerous next year with a new owner and cash from the sale of the striker if they don’t go up

Agree on Cov. I think the places available will most likely be those of Millwall or Blackburn. It's up to us to take advantage.
(03-18-2023, 06:12 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Starting to fall into place now. Clear daylight between the top and bottom half and a straight scrap between those  for the prem. Realistically I would discount Preston after today's drubbing destroyed their goal difference.

Norwich 2 points from their last 3 games 
Coventry 5 points from last 3 games.
Albion 7 points from our last 3 games.
Luton have a very hard run coming up
Someone could have been killed
18 more points needed as 73 will do it I think - though that's with the caveat that we take something from the games against Millwall and Norwich.

It's very doable but lose to Millwall first match back and we'll have to win 6 of the last 8 just to give us a shot.
Millwall's wobble began today
If/when we lose CC I really do hope that we consider Mark Robins
(03-18-2023, 10:07 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: If/when we lose CC I really do hope that we consider Mark Robins

Yeah.

It'll probably be Appleton.