Wallace as a No 10
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
(02-11-2023, 05:38 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Just doesn't look right and we lose his impact and crossing from the wing.

Very surprised Swift (who looked our best player last night) didn't start.

Wallace is one of the best right wingers in the Chump.  Was it because Swift wasn't 100% for Cov and because we won Carlos stuck with it (and maybe Swift still wasn't 100%)?  

Should be Albrighton - Swift - Wallace on Wednesday.
Of course the question to ask is if we needed a number 10 why didn't we stop being cheap fucks and instead of trying to crowbar another player into the position just sign a number 10?
I was going to post on this

CC is working wonders but he’s dropped a few rickets for me over the past month which is hurting us

Wallace at 10 is a biggie, great option to have but with Swift and Rogic if arsed we have better options there to make an impact, Wallace should be the best go to after these. He played Grant there away at Bristol and put Rogic wide left, what was he thinking? Wallace is our best winger and should play there

The Dike and BTA selections - Again, thought he was getting it right by alternating them starting and using the other one from the bench, why did he change it and it now seems Dike starts and BTA gets 30 minutes? Dike is hardly firing currently, maybe CCi’s desperate to get him match fitter but BTA has done little wrong and deserves to start Wednesday

The Bench - TGH covers so many options and has to be on the bench, I really see no reason to pick Reach over him when Pieters can go LB if necessary and Semi/Barts goes to CH if Townsend is struggling, he is also back up for Furlong whereas we had no cover here on the bench lately
For all his under par displays lately if Swift starts Rogic must be on the bench as an option

GK - I’ll leave this one to him but not sure how Button comes back from Friday, fans won’t be forgiving and CC said post game he never recovered from the first goal, how’s he going to get on at home should he drop a bollock in front of 20,000?

I also get the impression he’s desperate for Bartley to get fit and has little faith in Ajayi but for as well as Pieters has done he is somebody the opposition can target. O’Shea is hardly the biggest centre half

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(02-12-2023, 02:00 AM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote: Of course the question to ask is if we needed a number 10 why didn't we stop being cheap fucks and instead of trying to crowbar another player into the position just sign a number 10?

Maybe because we already have 2 in Rogic and Swift? And I thought you wanted us to spend money we haven’t got on a centre forward not a 10, or do you just enjoy criticizing for the sake of it.

Don’t bother responding,we know the answer.
(02-12-2023, 02:00 AM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote: Of course the question to ask is if we needed a number 10 why didn't we stop being cheap fucks and instead of trying to crowbar another player into the position just sign a number 10?

Do you honestly believe the club has a reserve of funds for players that they are not willing to spend?
(02-12-2023, 04:07 AM)Cuzer Wrote: I was going to post on this

CC is working wonders but he’s dropped a few rickets for me over the past month which is hurting us

Wallace at 10 is a biggie, great option to have but with Swift and Rogic if arsed we have better options there to make an impact, Wallace should be the best go to after these. He played Grant there away at Bristol and put Rogic wide left, what was he thinking? Wallace is our best winger and should play there

The Dike and BTA selections - Again, thought he was getting it right by alternating them starting and using the other one from the bench, why did he change it and it now seems Dike starts and BTA gets 30 minutes? Dike is hardly firing currently, maybe CCi’s desperate to get him match fitter but BTA has done little wrong and deserves to start Wednesday

The Bench - TGH covers so many options and has to be on the bench, I really see no reason to pick Reach over him when  Pieters can go LB if necessary and Semi/Barts goes to CH if Townsend is struggling, he is also back up for Furlong whereas we had no cover here on the bench lately
For all his under par displays lately if Swift starts Rogic must be on the bench as an option

GK - I’ll leave this one to him but not sure how Button comes back from Friday, fans won’t be forgiving and CC said post game he never recovered from the first goal, how’s he going to get on at home should he drop a bollock in front of 20,000?

I also get the impression he’s desperate for Bartley to get fit and has little faith in Ajayi but for as well as Pieters has done he is somebody the opposition can target. O’Shea is hardly the biggest centre half

Cuzer

I enjoyed this til 'CC is working wonders' .... Tongue

10 wins in 14 and hero to zero in 3 days.

He inherited an absolute shitshow of a club....
(02-12-2023, 11:24 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

The Bench - TGH covers so many options and has to be on the bench, I really see no reason to pick Reach over him when  Pieters can go LB if necessary and Semi/Barts goes to CH if Townsend is struggling, he is also back up for Furlong whereas we had no cover here on the bench lately

Cuzer

Loffin, it’s fair to say he’s in credit  Big Grin

Just seems he’s changed his thinking a little, and we’ve not really benefited from it

If it ain’t broke and all that….

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(02-12-2023, 11:59 AM)Cuzer Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 11:24 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

Cuzer

Loffin, it’s fair to say he’s in credit  Big Grin

Just seems he’s changed his thinking a little, and we’ve not really benefited from it

If it ain’t broke and all that….

Cuzer

I would honestly see the Bristol match as experimenting with players in different positions. I get why people are so anxious about the wheels falling off, but there are a lot of different factors here, the most important of which is Palmer's injury.
(02-12-2023, 12:51 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 05:38 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Just doesn't look right and we lose his impact and crossing from the wing.

Very surprised Swift (who looked our best player last night) didn't start.

Wallace is one of the best right wingers in the Chump.  Was it because Swift wasn't 100% for Cov and because we won Carlos stuck with it (and maybe Swift still wasn't 100%)?  

Should be Albrighton - Swift - Wallace on Wednesday.

I guess Dekka isn't a fan then Smile