Once in my lifetime
(01-28-2023, 05:17 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: All of us below pensionable age have never seen Albion win a cup.
I don’t know if we ever will.
I yearn for the moneybags clubs and their oil money to piss off and we can have something resembling the game that once was.

Not quite true, I'm 63 and have seen us win the cup in the flesh.
(01-28-2023, 05:32 PM)garryowensneck Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 05:17 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: All of us below pensionable age have never seen Albion win a cup.
I don’t know if we ever will.
I yearn for the moneybags clubs and their oil money to piss off and we can have something resembling the game that once was.

Just below pensionable age (63) and remember 1968 like it was yesterday, I was sadly too young to go though.
Yes, as a kid watching the 68 cup final on the telly, i really thought life was going to be like that all the time.
Tbf I think some of our younger fans who’ve only known us in the PL are in for a similarly rude awakening
(01-28-2023, 05:09 PM)TartanRug Wrote: 51 years old now and never seen us win something. 

It's not going to happen is it?

Promotion is the only thing we can achieve and the odd big scalp.
The win v Port Vale in ‘93 gains more value each year. No big prize but seeing your side victorious at Wembley…will probably be my only one at 50 years and counting.