Its going to be a baggies villa play off final isn't it
(03-17-2019, 11:59 AM)moley63 Wrote: i can smell it

Mebbes. 

I think there's still a chance of auto with 7 wins and a draw.  89 points.  

On paper, Leeds and Sheff U have a more difficult run-in. 

We just have to keep on winning.  Sheff U only need to lose one and draw a couple and we will have caught them. 

Leeds are showing signs that the pressure/expectation is getting to their young players.  If only we hadn't imploded a fortnight ago.
(03-17-2019, 01:11 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 01:05 PM)Three Degrees Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 01:01 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: Villa look to be  the usual up and coming team towards the end of the championship season that gets in the play offs and then goes up. Frankly, great that we've won our last two games but we are still woeful  - apart from our keeper!

Dont underestimate  that win yesterday , they had won 7 on the bounce at home scoring for fun .Outsiders will look at it as little old Brentford but they are a good side with some technically  very good players and i thought we really saw the game out well in the last 20 when i expected an onslaught.

I agree Brentford aren't one of the weak teams in the league - I thought they were going for their 6th consecutive home league win? Anyway, I still feel we were lucky and haven't got much reason to be joyously looking forwards to the play offs just yet! Looking at the fixtures I think we will finish top 6 though. And lucky teams sometimes win a lot of games so fingers crossed!
I can understand your caution (this being Albion) but we also need to factor in that Shan has had to conduct a massive implementation of a different playing style within days following the upheaval of Moore's departure, and on the back of three results that will have shaken players' confidence to the core. Two wins, two clean sheets and six points is a brilliant outcome and in no way should it be underplayed.