Luton - Ratings and Thoughts
(01-15-2023, 01:47 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 01:05 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 12:34 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 09:57 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 11:34 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Ridiculously harsh on Okay, was superb with and without the ball from 20 mins on, started sluggishly granted but a 5 is nonsense

Also Palmer could do little for their first when you watch it back, through legs his weight going the other way etc, amazed nobody has said how similar it was to Grady’s first goal there last time under Bilic

Phillips edged MOM for me over Molumby, both were excellent

Also agree on the subs, thought we didn’t utilize the bench as well as CC normally did today, guessing most of them will play 90 Tuesday

We invited pressure last 15 which is a permanent tactic going 5 at the back but one I’m not a huge fan of when Dike up top was clearly blowing out of his arse but got the job done

Cuzer

Palmer’s positioning for the first was awful and he didn’t move his feet in time to get anywhere near it. Not a complete howler but that shot should be saved more often than it goes in.

That's a bit harsh IMO. Just seen it on EFL highlights. I think the Luton played took the shot early just as Palmer was shouting an instruction to Furlong, so he hadn't got his feet set.

Glad to see Phillips getting some love. He's been under-appreciated for far too long.

Have a look where his feet are on this photo (if it works). His positioning gave him absolutely no chance of getting to the ball.

The bloke hitting it early and catching him off guard is hardly an excuse either.

Was hoping to upload an image from TV camera behind Luton goal but it's too big. If you were to freeze frame EFL highlights show from that angle, you will see just as Luton player takes shot, Palmer is pointing to Furlong, feet not set and he's only a foot, maybe two from centre of goal. It was the fact shit was so unexpected which beat him

Like I said, being caught off guard is absolutely no excuse for not being ready to make what should’ve been a fairly routine save.