Generational politics… well done Millennials
(01-14-2023, 08:21 AM)baggy1 Wrote: You’re deluded, this is absolute proof that you will argue black is white. Of course the mean since the financial crisis is low you dingbat, that period includes the effect of the point I am making - Brexit has impacted on the mean costing everyone money.

Hmm. I’m not sure you’re following me so lashing out instead.

The UK is very highly indebted. The true extent of that became clear in 2008 and has been exacerbated by Covid, Ukraine, Truss and as I already indicated ~ Brexit. However if you believe that Brexit is the only or even the main contributory factor to the value of the £ then you ignore the elephant in the room - debt. And right now, no plan for growth either.
Let me get this right, the crash of 2008 led to a weakening of the pound (worse than our European counterparts possibly because of our heavy reliance on financial services) but we started to recover after the crash with a positive trend up until the referendum when we, once again, lost the confidence of the money markets.

Since the referendum we have struggled to get the same upward trend that we manage after the crash. This says one thing, the money markets have less faith in us recovering from the referendum than it did the financial crash.

Your question was has this impacted millions - The answer is clearly yes based on the facts shown.

No lashing out involved. Pointing out you are deluded is simply a fact.
I'm sorry that you're unable to recognise that following the GFC - apart from the period between December 2014 and February 2016 - the £ has been trading +/- 10% from where it is now.

That is not an opinion. That is a fact. It is not me that is deluded.
Anybody that tries to include the effect of the problem into the justification of why it’s not the problem is the fool here. Sorry chap, your steadfast belief that Brexit isn’t causing problems for millions is deluded.
I’m afraid you have tunnel vision on this.