Villa in the Play offs?
(03-16-2019, 10:52 AM)Sliced Wrote: They're 2 points off 6th and 2 points off 11th.

I fully expect them to finish closer to the latter

That's my kind of thinking, I like it.   Cool
(03-16-2019, 10:48 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Given we are more or less very likely to be 4th, be more likely a final than a semi?

It could be either but more likely the final if they make the play-offs and then beat Norwich/Leeds/Sheffield United in the semi.  

Villa seem to be on a bit of a roll but their last two games are Leeds away and Norwich at home. Intriguingly if they beat both or either of them it could mean one or the other drop into the play-offs. 

If they win today, they could be top 6, one point Boro who have a game in hand.

However, today has a Boro win written all over it.  They have just lost two at home.  Classic Pulis territory.
(03-16-2019, 01:08 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 10:48 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Given we are more or less very likely to be 4th, be more likely a final than a semi?

It could be either but more likely the final if they make the play-offs and then beat Norwich/Leeds/Sheffield United in the semi.  

Villa seem to be on a bit of a roll but their last two games are Leeds away and Norwich at home. Intriguingly if they beat both or either of them it could mean one or the other drop into the play-offs. 

If they win today, they could be top 6, one point Boro who have a game in hand.

However, today has a Boro win written all over it.  They have just lost two at home.  Classic Pulis territory.

I predict one of Pulis' 8 Centre Halfs will take out Greasy after 5 mins, with a neck high challenge.
The ideal scenario is that the JRod handball ends up being pivotal in them finishing 7th
(03-16-2019, 01:28 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: The ideal scenario is that the JRod handball ends up being pivotal in them finishing 7th

I would absolutely love it.............
(03-16-2019, 01:28 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: The ideal scenario is that the JRod handball ends up being pivotal in them finishing 7th

No matter where we finish this season, that scenario would be the absolute icing on the cake for me.

..or he punches in the winner at Wembley Big Grin
(03-16-2019, 10:45 AM)Russbaggie03 Wrote: So I have had a feeling since the start of the season that we could end up playing Villa in the Play offs and their game today will be a massive indicator as to how likely this will be!

Personally dreading the thought of either a two legged affair or even worse a Wembley shoot out.

Think I am hoping they don’t win today and they just miss out on 6th, others agree?

Bring it on, why are so many of our fans petrified of playing our rivals??
(03-16-2019, 09:59 PM)4-hero Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 10:45 AM)Russbaggie03 Wrote: So I have had a feeling since the start of the season that we could end up playing Villa in the Play offs and their game today will be a massive indicator as to how likely this will be!

Personally dreading the thought of either a two legged affair or even worse a Wembley shoot out.

Think I am hoping they don’t win today and they just miss out on 6th, others agree?

Correct. They’ve not beaten us this season... by the same reasoning I’d be more fearful of Boro, especially given Pulis’s record against us. That said Jimmy Shan seems to be instilling a winning mentality and I’m not totally ruling out a second place finish just yet.
(03-16-2019, 10:08 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 09:59 PM)4-hero Wrote:

Correct. They’ve not beaten us this season... by the same reasoning I’d be more fearful of Boro, especially given Pulis’s record against us. That said Jimmy Shan seems to be instilling a winning mentality and I’m not totally ruling out a second place finish just yet.

+1