Villa in the Play offs?
So I have had a feeling since the start of the season that we could end up playing Villa in the Play offs and their game today will be a massive indicator as to how likely this will be!

Personally dreading the thought of either a two legged affair or even worse a Wembley shoot out.

Think I am hoping they don’t win today and they just miss out on 6th, others agree?
Given we are more or less very likely to be 4th, be more likely a final than a semi?
(03-16-2019, 10:48 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Given we are more or less very likely to be 4th, be more likely a final than a semi?

Agreed, although a win v Boro puts them in with a shout of overhauling them as fearing they are the team who are now going on a great run (and Bristol’s bubble clearly burst etc)
They're 2 points off 6th and 2 points off 11th.

I fully expect them to finish closer to the latter
A lot will depend on whether Leeds and Norwich still need points in their last 2 games.
They go top six if they win today, which they probably will
If they make the playoffs it will most likely be in 6th place.
This would almost certainly put them up against one of Norwich, Leeds or Sheff Utd. 
Can't see them getting through that to be honest.
Just like ours they have a good, but unbalanced squad reliant on a couple of key performers (Greasy and the Scott in midfield) and a decent manager that they have stuck with despite some mutterings a month or so ago. They made a couple of decent winter signings at the back and if f they hit a run of form no reason they shouldn't be contesting, but just as likely to hit the buffers and fall short.
They're the one team I don't want to meet in the playoffs as you'd just know with the jammy fisheatingtwats, we've had the best over them so far this season I can't see us doing it again tbh, the wankers.
In Mings, Grealish and Abraham they have 3 players that would walk into any side in the division. After that, however, they are very average at best. If they manage to go up ahead of the 8 other teams still in the race (after the top 2) it will take an enormous slice of luck.