Official Supporters Travel
(12-27-2022, 12:38 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 12:08 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: I was back at jn 2 by 19.30 my wife picked me up and dropped me off to the pub ......
She clearly misses you when you're  away. Smile

She has a chest infection bless her its better im out of the  way .
Got trains and tickets through the London baggies once, never again.
In the form of his life.
I mentioned that time at Newcastle when the police held the official coaches on the outskirts of the city for two hours. When arriving at the ground, parched, hungry, about to disembark we saw the Tividale Baggies coach (Sauce's bus)pull up. They almost fell off their coach and staggered up the 11 flights of steps! If you're going via coach, that has to be the only way!
We do our own coaches and end up like sauces coaches.
(12-27-2022, 04:28 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: We do our own coaches and end up like sauces coaches.

Fair play. We used to have a minibus but lost a good few travellers in the Pulis days.
There's never any trains on Boxing Day anyway so don't think a lack of strikes would have helped you there
(12-27-2022, 04:46 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: There's never any trains on Boxing Day anyway so don't think a lack of strikes would have helped you there

There's a good few away trips now you simply can't get a train back from anyway. Strikes or no strikes.
Bloody hell that brings back memories.

Getting on Nash's coach at the Barleycorn prior to the QPR league cup final debacle.   I went to school with the Nash brothers. 

I think the last time I went on a coach to an away match  was the ill-fated trip to Hillsborough where we lost the Cup semi final in 1969 to an Alan Clarke goal.  I got third degree burns when someone's fag got crushed into the back of my hand  during a crowd surge.  I still have the scar.
Newcastle away, circa 1990, one, two or three coaches headed to Hull instead of Newcastle.

Some of our lot rocked up at SJP at half time.
(12-27-2022, 05:34 PM)Offside Wrote: Bloody hell that brings back memories.

Getting on Nash's coach at the Barleycorn prior to the QPR league cup final debacle.   I went to school with the Nash brothers. 

I think the last time I went on a coach to an away match  was the ill-fated trip to Hillsborough where we lost the Cup semi final in 1969 to an Alan Clarke goal.  I got third degree burns when someone's fag got crushed into the back of my hand  during a crowd surge.  I still have the scar.

You certainly picked your games to travel by coach! Crushing disappointment at both of those.