Timing of Corboran appointment
(11-08-2022, 11:13 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: I'm not worried at all, there's no way Lai would accept a low compensation amount, even if it was paid into Chinese shell company account.

He will be choking on his fried rice.
(11-08-2022, 09:25 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It's not often we have managers leave us for better stuff. When they do it means things are on the up. Corberan will have to get us promoted to be wanted by a bigger fish. If that's the case then so be it.
In the past decade or more only Roy has been poached as the rest have faltered. Before that only Mowbray and Ardiles spring to mind post the Atkinson glory era which saw his poaching wreck us.
Am I right? If so that's only about one a decade.

Whenever we do get a decent manager and folk talk about “if they do leave, it’ll be because they have succeeded” always remember the Ray Hartford situation. Proper kick in the guts that one - we seemed to be on the right path after years of utter dross
(11-09-2022, 08:02 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 09:25 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It's not often we have managers leave us for better stuff. When they do it means things are on the up. Corberan will have to get us promoted to be wanted by a bigger fish. If that's the case then so be it.
In the past decade or more only Roy has been poached as the rest have faltered. Before that only Mowbray and Ardiles spring to mind post the Atkinson glory era which saw his poaching wreck us.
Am I right? If so that's only about one a decade.

Whenever we do get a decent manager and folk talk about “if they do leave, it’ll be because they have succeeded” always remember the Ray Hartford situation. Proper kick in the guts that one - we seemed to be on the right path after years of utter dross

That's a memory Stevel.

I'd forgotten Harford. It was a real boot in the balls alright.

What I recall from then is I was working over in East Anglia and there was a QPR fan only aged about 23 and he was saying that they are a bigger club than us. He had no idea of our standing in the game, history, or fan base.

After a decade of decay we'd become like Preston and Harford went to QPR as they were a better bet than the mess we were then.

Funnily I thought of that QPR fan last when we whupped them 7-1 a few years ago.