Timing of Corboran appointment
Just in time by the look of it.  Phew! 

If Jones is going to Saints and it looks like Bournemouth may be another that'll come up we've probably done well to get him in when we did.  

You do wonder how long Slav will last at Watford and even the Leeds boss was on the brink last week and Corboran was being linked there.  

Early days but it's looking positive.
Wished we'd got him in the summer but do agree it looks like we got him in the nick of time. 

Long term the Leeds connection does worry me mind.
(11-08-2022, 08:44 AM)Peachy Wrote: Wished we'd got him in the summer but do agree it looks like we got him in the nick of time. 

Long term the Leeds connection does worry me mind.

Agreed 

Better hope Jesse keeps winning
It's not often we have managers leave us for better stuff. When they do it means things are on the up. Corberan will have to get us promoted to be wanted by a bigger fish. If that's the case then so be it.
In the past decade or more only Roy has been poached as the rest have faltered. Before that only Mowbray and Ardiles spring to mind post the Atkinson glory era which saw his poaching wreck us.
Am I right? If so that's only about one a decade.
(11-08-2022, 09:25 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It's not often we have managers leave us for better stuff. When they do it means things are on the up. Corberan will have to get us promoted to be wanted by a bigger fish. If that's the case then so be it.
In the past decade or more only Roy has been poached as the rest have faltered. Before that only Mowbray and Ardiles spring to mind post the Atkinson glory era which saw his poaching wreck us.

Maybe, maybe not - we don't know what the full sequence of events was for Carlos to leave Huddersfield and end up at Olympiakos.
(11-08-2022, 09:42 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 09:25 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It's not often we have managers leave us for better stuff. When they do it means things are on the up. Corberan will have to get us promoted to be wanted by a bigger fish. If that's the case then so be it.

Maybe, maybe not - we don't know what the full sequence of events was for Carlos to leave Huddersfield and end up at Olympiakos.

It was well reported at the time that he left Huddersfield over a lack of backing in the transfer market. He and their current owners disagreed with how to take the team forward so he walked.

He then joined Olympiakos about a month later so doubt he was tapped up for a move. 

Initial signs suggest we've done very well to get Corberan as the impact he's had in his first week has been astonishing. It's been a long time since I thought any one of our appointments would be at risk of moving onto better things, but I do fear he may well be on a fair few clubs' shopping lists - especially when you see how quickly the likes of McKenna and Beale are already being linked with moves!
(11-08-2022, 10:11 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 09:42 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote:

It was well reported at the time that he left Huddersfield over a lack of backing in the transfer market. He and their current owners disagreed with how to take the team forward so he walked.

He then joined Olympiakos about a month later so doubt he was tapped up for a move. 

Initial signs suggest we've done very well to get Corberan as the impact he's had in his first week has been astonishing. It's been a long time since I thought any one of our appointments would be at risk of moving onto better things, but I do fear he may well be on a fair few clubs' shopping lists - especially when you see how quickly the likes of McKenna and Beale are already being linked with moves!

That's not worrying at all is it  Confused
2 wins and a loss and we're worrying about him getting poached Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(11-08-2022, 10:36 AM)MassDebater Wrote: 2 wins and a loss and we're worrying about him getting poached Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

That's only because he's looking to be an eggscellent aquisition.   Rolleyes
Could be a scramble for his signature