Honey in Tea & Coffee
(11-08-2022, 04:17 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 03:20 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Honey with hot lemonade and whisky when I'm ill. Nowt sweet in tea or coffee. I don't even take milk these days.

What’s app with you 2 - run out of pants to sniff?
Cure for all colds and flu. 

Whenever I'm feeling shit with cold etc I have a cup of boiling water, fresh lemon juice, honey and grated root ginger. Works all the time.
Peachy Wrote:Cure for all colds and flu. 

Whenever I'm feeling shit with cold etc I have a cup of boiling water, fresh lemon juice, honey and grated root ginger. Works all the time.

Similar here. As soon as I feel the slightest sniff coming on I'm on the garlic and ginger- in any form. Plus a bag of oranges for vitamin C.  Works every time, although not for Covid.
(11-08-2022, 05:32 PM)Offside Wrote: as a sufferer of severe gout (now cured with a daily tablet) I feel it my duty to advise you that honey can give you gout along with

mushrooms
any sugary syrup
asparagus
lentils
tomatoes
prawns
shellfish generally
oily fish 
offal
red meat
cauliflower 
and of course, booze. Although this is not the major factor despite the old wives' tales to that effect.

For anyone who has not had gout, it is the most painful thing you will ever experience, particularly in the knees.

It is caused by uric acid, which normally lubricates your joints, turning into crystals like sand or sugar, in the joint.  It could be your finger, commonly your big toe, but by far the most painful is the knee.  That is fucking agony. 

In particular at night, when you dehydrate, it comes in seconds with no warning and is agony.

You don't need to lead a particularly decadent lifestyle. It's just a symptom of how your kidneys function, and is also hereditary if you have arthritis in the family. 

To be avoided at all costs. 

Glad to help.

Thank the Lord for Allopurinol !!
(11-08-2022, 05:32 PM)Offside Wrote: as a sufferer of severe gout (now cured with a daily tablet) I feel it my duty to advise you that honey can give you gout along with

mushrooms
any sugary syrup
asparagus
lentils
tomatoes
prawns
shellfish generally
oily fish 
offal
red meat
cauliflower 
and of course, booze. Although this is not the major factor despite the old wives' tales to that effect.

For anyone who has not had gout, it is the most painful thing you will ever experience, particularly in the knees.

It is caused by uric acid, which normally lubricates your joints, turning into crystals like sand or sugar, in the joint.  It could be your finger, commonly your big toe, but by far the most painful is the knee.  That is fucking agony. 

In particular at night, when you dehydrate, it comes in seconds with no warning and is agony.

You don't need to lead a particularly decadent lifestyle. It's just a symptom of how your kidneys function, and is also hereditary if you have arthritis in the family. 

Glad to help.

I. Am fucked.

(11-08-2022, 08:44 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

mushrooms
any sugary syrup
asparagus
lentils
tomatoes
prawns
shellfish generally
oily fish 
offal
red meat
cauliflower 

Glad to help.

I. Am fucked.

Actually, my knees are totally fucked at the moment. Walking is very painful.

mushrooms
any sugary syrup
asparagus
lentils
tomatoes
prawns
shellfish generally
oily fish 
offal
red meat
cauliflower 

Glad to help.

I. Am fucked.

mushrooms
any sugary syrup
asparagus
lentils
tomatoes
prawns
shellfish generally
oily fish 
offal
red meat
cauliflower 

Glad to help.

I. Am fucked.

Actually, my knees are totally fucked at the moment. Walking is very painful.

Carpet burns??