Honey in Tea & Coffee
My new found MCW'ship knows no bounds!

https://www.craftcoffeeguru.com/coffee-with-honey/

https://theteaplanet.com/blogs/news/hone...h-benefits

Honey'ions?
Yeah, when I'm ill
Honey with hot lemonade and whisky when I'm ill. Nowt sweet in tea or coffee. I don't even take milk these days.
Always honey in tea, forget sugar.
Honey on porridge is excellent.
Honey supply is limited in the UK, but across Europe it is plentiful.
(11-08-2022, 03:20 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Honey with hot lemonade and whisky when I'm ill. Nowt sweet in tea or coffee. I don't even take milk these days.

MOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOooOOOOooOOOOoooOOOooOO

Big Grin
(11-08-2022, 03:21 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Always honey in tea, forget sugar.
Honey on porridge is excellent.
Honey supply is limited in the UK, but across Europe it is plentiful.

THAT. IS. A. DISGRACE!
never had any trouble acquiring UK honey, so don't get that point.

I stopped taking sugar in my last job, they supplied tea / coffee and milk. Then I had to lose a bit of weight and did Slimming World, couldn't be arsed counting the milk, so stopped having it. I've never been a big lover of milk anyway.
(11-08-2022, 03:20 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Honey with hot lemonade and whisky when I'm ill. Nowt sweet in tea or coffee. I don't even take milk these days.

I told you I’ll be back
One of the rare threads on here you could easily have found on Mumsnet.
as a sufferer of severe gout (now cured with a daily tablet) I feel it my duty to advise you that honey can give you gout along with

mushrooms
any sugary syrup
asparagus
lentils
tomatoes
prawns
shellfish generally
oily fish 
offal
red meat
cauliflower 
and of course, booze. Although this is not the major factor despite the old wives' tales to that effect.

For anyone who has not had gout, it is the most painful thing you will ever experience, particularly in the knees.

It is caused by uric acid, which normally lubricates your joints, turning into crystals like sand or sugar, in the joint.  It could be your finger, commonly your big toe, but by far the most painful is the knee.  That is fucking agony. 

In particular at night, when you dehydrate, it comes in seconds with no warning and is agony.

You don't need to lead a particularly decadent lifestyle. It's just a symptom of how your kidneys function, and is also hereditary if you have arthritis in the family. 

To be avoided at all costs. 

Glad to help.