Ivan Toney
Big Grin Some experts on this thread
I might have been wide of the mark on this one
Indeed ... Grant very similar to Toney style wise, and was a few years younger... he moved to Hudds for £2m... whilst his contract played a factor he was young enough to force a tribunal... Toney is worth £2-3m tops.

This is genius. Grant similar to Toney. In what way exactly??!
(10-16-2022, 06:33 PM)Stillclem4england Wrote: Indeed ... Grant very similar to Toney style wise, and was a few years younger... he moved to Hudds for £2m... whilst his contract played a factor he was young enough to force a tribunal... Toney is worth £2-3m tops.

This is genius. Grant similar to Toney. In what way exactly??!

That he scored goals in the lower league and seemed to be ill defined as a striker but scored goals… that’s what Toney was until his final 12 months at Peterborough…

If you look through the threads I said that I wouldn’t pay huge money for Toney but felt that for the 3-5m he had something worth a punt, and that Grant was not worth the £15m we were quoted…
Bit of a dick move to bump a thread like this two years later.

A guy, who was a League One player at the time, has gone on to be a great success. It doesn’t make those who didn’t predict it any less knowledgeable than anyone else. I’d be amazed if any of us had even a 25% success rate on threads like these. Every player we’ve ever let go someone has said it’ll be a massive mistake…
(10-16-2022, 08:32 AM)Baggie in Valley Wrote: Big Grin Some experts on this thread

You said TGH handed in a transfer request