Disappointed
(09-20-2022, 01:45 PM)Pontificator Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 06:40 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 06:09 AM)johntoewba Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 05:23 PM)Pontificator Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 01:56 PM)Duffers Wrote: Most football songs are shit. Pretty much every set of fans sing variants of the same 4-5 songs for their club.

What separates fans is the unique things they do. Blues have KRO, Stoke fans sing Delilah, we sing TLMS and we Boing. These are the things that separate us from every other group of fans.

I'm old enough to remember when many a football fan sang "You'll never walk alone" and our version included "Walk on...Walk on...With Hope, Kaye and Clarke. I did my apprenticeship in the BRE! I'm convinced that TLMS with changed words was a song about John Wile but can't quite remember - some how we've adopted P23 as our anthem and it's cringeworthy and it's embarassing. We would never have sung that back in the day - Sammy would have never led us us in that dirge. 

the quiot worters bye - please

I’ve been going up since 1979 and it has always been sung so I don’t know what your on about

He's merely Pontificating, or as we pronounce it in the Black Country, "talking bollocks".    Rolleyes

Excuse me for pontificating rats knackers. I do not believe that TLMS was sung at the Albion probably till the early 80s and as I said I think it was something to do with John while. I’ve had a season ticket for 44 years and I was going down the Albion at least 15 years before that although not that regularly. If it was sung it may have been occasionally but never in the form that it is now. I imagine it excludes those of different faiths and none and I think it’s embarrassing. Am I not entitled to that opinion?
Yep you're entitled to that opinion, conversely many are entitled to the opinion you're talking bollocks. 

As for "it excludes those of other faiths or none" that has really tickled me. I'll be reminding my Hindu mate today that whenever anything goes wrong he is to say "for Ganeshe's sake".
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...west-brom/
(09-21-2022, 07:53 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 07:44 PM)Pontificator Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 06:40 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 06:09 AM)johntoewba Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 05:23 PM)Pontificator Wrote: I'm old enough to remember when many a football fan sang "You'll never walk alone" and our version included "Walk on...Walk on...With Hope, Kaye and Clarke. I did my apprenticeship in the BRE! I'm convinced that TLMS with changed words was a song about John Wile but can't quite remember - some how we've adopted P23 as our anthem and it's cringeworthy and it's embarassing. We would never have sung that back in the day - Sammy would have never led us us in that dirge. 

the quiot worters bye - please

I’ve been going up since 1979 and it has always been sung so I don’t know what your on about

He's merely Pontificating, or as we pronounce it in the Black Country, "talking bollocks".    Rolleyes

Excuse me for pontificating rats knackers. I do not believe that TLMS was sung at the Albion probably till the early 80s and as I said I think it was something to do with John while. I’ve had a season ticket for 44 years and I was going down the Albion at least 15 years before that although not that regularly. If it was sung it may have been occasionally but never in the form that it is now. I imagine it excludes those of different faiths and none and I think it’s embarrassing. Am I not entitled to that opinion?

Absolutely, you're entitled to any opinion you want, I get it you, think it's embarrasing, you've made that blatently obvious, by repeating the same post twice in about 4 hours, you appear to have one other poster who thinks the same, everyone else seems to think TLMS is fine. 
However, personally I wouldn't class the singing of TLMS, anywhere near as embarrasing, as not being able to spell the name of probably our most iconic captain ever.
I know some posters have struggled in the past spelling the names of Olsson, & Albrechtsen, but tbh I've never before seen anyone who couldn't spell WILE.

#beenwatchingalbionsince1954

Best Wishes Rats knackers x

For some reason my posts are appearing twice not my fault. I deeply apologise for Wile. Just a common typo. Maybe you could apologise to being a fucking smartarse
(09-21-2022, 09:35 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...west-brom/

I knew Keith, back in the day, and he may well have put those words to it. Although the pub we used was The Black Cock on Owen St. TLMS was started (from my memory) in Don Howe's time and I'm certain it was on that Sunday at Everton.