WBAUnofficial
Disappointed - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Disappointed (/showthread.php?tid=26709)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Disappointed - Cheshire East Baggie - 09-18-2022

That old Reg, a.k.a. Elton John, won't be required to perform at the funeral tomorrow. Of course they will do The Lord's My Shepherd though.

FWIW, we had the Libera Me from Verdi's Requiem at my Mum's funeral 5 years before they stole the idea for Lady Di. Just sayin'.

Don't know if I'm going to watch it. I have a lot of things to do, but having said that, Liz Truss will probably make a complete cods of her reading. I'd hate to miss that.

The Millenium and this are probably the two significant events of my life (so far). Not sure why I can't engage with it. Old age, I guess.

RE: Disappointed - KRO - 09-18-2022

I’m going to the pub. I hope it’s not on

RE: Disappointed - Fulham Fallout - 09-19-2022

(09-18-2022, 10:35 PM)KRO Wrote: I’m going to the pub. I hope it’s not on

I’m going to go on a walk and think about all the things this wonderful lady has done for me personally. Such as being there for me, every time I wanted a line. Big Grin

RE: Disappointed - SophLad - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 06:22 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 10:35 PM)KRO Wrote: I’m going to the pub. I hope it’s not on

I’m going to go on a walk and think about all the things this wonderful lady has done for me personally. Such as being there for me, every time I wanted a line. Big Grin

Arfs!! Well executed!

RE: Disappointed - Slowpoke Gonzalez - 09-19-2022

When I miss her I pull out a fiver and stare at it.

RE: Disappointed - Pontificator - 09-19-2022

Psalm 23 A funereal dirge sung at the right time in the right place. Why this is our anthem I'll never know.

RE: Disappointed - Offside - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 07:49 AM)Pontificator Wrote: Psalm 23 A funereal dirge sung at the right time in the right place. Why this is our anthem I'll never know.

Nor me.  I cringe every time it cranks up after a goal. 

That's about the only benefit of non-scoring forwards, I don't have to listen to the caterwauling
coming from the Smethwick End that often.

RE: Disappointed - baggiebloke - 09-19-2022

The Disciples of James McClean.

You could have paused it all on the day of the funeral.

The thread title, at least, is correct.

RE: Disappointed - Offside - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 08:19 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: The Disciples of James McClean.

You could have paused it all on the day of the funeral.

The thread title, at least, is correct.

Wrong . James McClean is a thick cunt.  I just can't see what association a Psalm has with scoring a goal or our club. Fuck all to do with the Royal Family of the funeral.  I have the utmost respect for the Royal Family having worked for a charity of which HM was patron and having met members of the RF doing their charitable work.

RE: Disappointed - SophLad - 09-19-2022

Pretty sure The Disciples of James McClean are an Irish folk band.