Queen funeral watch
(09-19-2022, 06:05 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 06:02 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: The BBC is full of info about who takes precedence where, who's in which part of the procession and all that. My question is - does this apply to the queue for the bogs after the services were over, or was that a proper free-for-all. Hundreds of middle-aged and elderly people sat in the Abbey and Chapel for hours. Nightmare situation. I'm not sure I would have accepted my invitation (had it arrived)  Big Grin .

What do you think the Privy Council are for? They decide such matters.

The King takes precedent. Then the rest of the Royals.

Harry spotted dashing into Westminster Maccy D’s…
(09-19-2022, 01:42 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 12:42 PM)KRO Wrote: It saddens me that we do this and pay for it through the taxpayer when the family can easily foot the bill, but choose not to feed and house people via the taxpayer

You wouldn't notice in your tax if they did pay for it themselves how much would you expect to save in tax ?

Which of course is not what I said. I wouldn’t notice in my tax if they did feed and house everyone, but well avoided
(09-19-2022, 02:18 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: didnt watch any of the church bit but watched the procession after and mightily impressed.

hats off to the pall bearers.

to move the coffin in the church was enough pressure but to have to then slow march and move it again is a sterling effort i think.

we do ceremonial stuff very well in this country and shows us in a very good light on the world stage.

just wish we could divorce it from the religious aspect of it.

Especially as Royals have lead-lined coffins - hence the reason for 8 of them.

Not usually a massive fan of this sort of pageant thing but thought it was brilliantly done, she was a great person.