Queen funeral watch
Not a Royalist but first time I’ve watched one of these events and have to say it is some spectacle. 
One almighty send off and certainly feel I’m living through a moment of hugely significant history.
My missus is giving me a running commentary. I'm trying to avoid it like mad. It's like The Likely Lads episode where theyre trying to avoid hearing the Poland? v England result until the highlights are on.
(09-19-2022, 12:03 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Not a Royalist but first time I’ve watched one of these events and have to say it is some spectacle. 
One almighty send off and certainly feel I’m living through a moment of hugely significant history.

It's a  state funeral, Spandex, a much bigger deal than the others, which is its significance.  In historical context,  Churchill's was the last state funeral and bored me rigid.  Everything was in black and white then...

(09-19-2022, 12:14 PM)KRO Wrote: My missus is giving me a running commentary. I'm trying to avoid it like mad. It's like The Likely Lads episode where theyre trying to avoid hearing the Poland? v England result until the highlights are on.

I'm working, so I am excused.  I don't work, I don't eat.
(09-19-2022, 12:20 PM)hudds Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 12:03 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Not a Royalist but first time I’ve watched one of these events and have to say it is some spectacle. 

It's a  state funeral, Spandex, a much bigger deal than the others, which is its significance.  In historical context,  Churchill's was the last state funeral and bored me rigid.  Everything was in black and white then...

(09-19-2022, 12:14 PM)KRO Wrote: My missus is giving me a running commentary. I'm trying to avoid it like mad. It's like The Likely Lads episode where theyre trying to avoid hearing the Poland? v England result until the highlights are on.

Yea I’m aware it’s a state funeral Hudds. Whatever title they put on such events, it sure is a big deal and think it’ll do wonders for the profile of this country.
(09-19-2022, 12:25 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 12:20 PM)hudds Wrote:

Yea I’m aware it’s a state funeral Hudds. Whatever title they put on such events, it sure is a big deal and think it’ll do wonders for the profile of this country.

Agree. The fact that all major TV stations globally are covering this as their major news tells you you everything
It's gone on a bit, think I fell asleep for some of the church bit.

Pretty mad we've shut food banks for this.
I'm no royalist. But this is stunningly good.
I'm no little Englander either, but I feel proud that our country can put on such a wonderful show.
(09-19-2022, 12:35 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: It's gone on a bit, think I fell asleep for some of the church bit.

It has gone on a bit! I watched some but now need to repair the woodshed and I'm scared to start hammering.
(09-19-2022, 12:40 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 12:35 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: It's gone on a bit, think I fell asleep for some of the church bit.

It has gone on a bit! I watched some but now need to repair the woodshed and I'm scared to start hammering.

I'll at least wait for the coverage to end before mowing the lawn.
It saddens me that we do this and pay for it through the taxpayer when the family can easily foot the bill, but choose not to feed and house people via the taxpayer