Suggestions for an effective protest
(09-02-2022, 12:21 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(09-02-2022, 12:12 PM)JeezArseChrist Wrote:
(09-02-2022, 12:11 PM)waffle Wrote: Perhaps something that makes the national/international news and embarrasses China (the country / not the poster).  Some diulian for Lai and China as a whole.  A twitter attack on some famous Chinese celebrity?

Maybe a few Taiwanese flags or Free Tibet banners?

Chinese guards with guns kicked me out of the UN for having a Tibet flag. I hadn't quite put it out of sight in my rucksack after a protest nearby.

They're very touchy.

Thats it then ,every home game especially televised ones ,Tibet and Taiwan flags everywhere ,this would be hugely embarrassing for Lai and his cronies and he would no doubt inccur the wrath of Bejing,  could just force his hand.
(09-02-2022, 12:44 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(09-02-2022, 12:11 PM)waffle Wrote: Perhaps something that makes the national/international news and embarrasses China (the country / not the poster).  Some diulian for Lai and China as a whole.  A twitter attack on some famous Chinese celebrity?

Chinese guards with guns kicked me out of the UN for having a Tibet flag. I hadn't quite put it out of sight in my rucksack after a protest nearby.

They're very touchy.

Thats it then ,every home game especially televised ones ,Tibet and Taiwan flags everywhere ,this would be hugely embarrassing for Lai and his cronies and he would no doubt inccur the wrath of Bejing,  could just force his hand.

Then hope we are bought out by wealthy Saudis, or Russians....
(09-02-2022, 12:11 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: BIG banner with "Lai is a thief" should embarrass him.
Posted all over FB - Twitter - Instagram.
His public image is far more important then anything that supporters say.
A minutes chant of "Thief" in the 12 minute (does he owe £12m), would be straightforward and powerful.
(09-02-2022, 12:48 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(09-02-2022, 12:44 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:

They're very touchy.

Then hope we are bought out by wealthy Saudis, or Russians....

Never said my plan was foolproof Rolleyes
My lad has an old `Monopoly` game, might take a few £100 notes out of it to throw on the pitch.
Might add the deeds to `Old Kent Road` and `The Angel, Islington` . Well we have become a Toy-Town club.
(09-02-2022, 10:49 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Boycott club merch, don't buy from food and drink vendors in the stadium, might be a start.

You're not hurting the club if you don't buy food or drink, just the catering company. They've already paid a large sum to be allowed to sell inside the stadium. The club has the money already.
(09-02-2022, 12:55 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote:
(09-02-2022, 10:49 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Boycott club merch, don't buy from food and drink vendors in the stadium, might be a start.

You're not hurting the club if you don't buy food or drink, just the catering company. They've already paid a large sum to be allowed to sell inside the stadium. The club has the money already.

But a drop in sales will influence future negotiation for the pitch fee.
the three Ts
Taiwan
Tibet
Tianamon Square

start waving the flags and they will think about selling up, massive loss of Face
We'll all be off to slave labour/reeducation camps lads. Calm down a bit.
In my opinion there is no point protesting about Lai/The Chinese as he isnt going to see it and decide to drop £150m. We need to focus on the loan and getting the money back. It may end in the same result but the loan is a thng with a date so the ability to build momentum. Plus if you focus on our club as fans and make it accessible to all it is much more likley to have impact