Suggestions for an effective protest
There is no point protesting Lai out or any of that shit, if you want Lai out then stump up the cash and buy him out.  What we do have though is something we can make a stink over.

The loans - we need to do everything we can to highlight that they need paying back and not by way of a dividened but into the playing budget as promised.

My suggestion would be from october we have a minute of action relating to the number of days left until repayment eg - 50 days until the repayment date - action on 50 minutes

There are 14 games between 1 oct and repayment date plus a game at hom,e on the first where we can cellebrate our success (ha)

The action needs to be lawful, visual and generally fun rather than nasty.  Think 5 million pieces of paper thrown into the air, fans holding up signs saying not a bank, you get the idea.  With enough momentum it could really make an impact and will hold the owner to account in so much as he will not be able to default without anticipating concequences.

Better than bedsheets and booing, walk outs and stay aways.
(09-02-2022, 10:34 AM)petty sniper Wrote: There is no point protesting Lai out or any of that shit, if you want Lai out then stump up the cash and buy him out.  What we do have though is something we can make a stink over.

The loans - we need to do everything we can to highlight that they need paying back and not by way of a dividened but into the playing budget as promised.

My suggestion would be from october we have a minute of action relating to the number of days left until repayment eg - 50 days until the repayment date - action on 50 minutes

There are 14 games between 1 oct and repayment date plus a game at hom,e on the first where we can cellebrate our success (ha)

The action needs to be lawful, visual and generally fun rather than nasty.  Think 5 million pieces of paper thrown into the air, fans holding up signs saying not a bank, you get the idea.  With enough momentum it could really make an impact and will hold the owner to account in so much as he will not be able to default without anticipating concequences.

Better than bedsheets and booing, walk outs and stay aways.
The minute thing is a good idea as it's easy for everyone to get involved and the countdown element would catch the attention of the media. Need to make sure that said media understand what the protest is actually about though otherwise they will just apply their own, unresearched, rhetoric.
All over Twitter at the moment that there's a few meeting in the Vine from 1745 to discuss action against the owners.
Need methods to get football wide publicity as to what’s happening at the club and how it’s being run down by absent owners.
Boycott club merch, don't buy from food and drink vendors in the stadium, might be a start.
When Charlton threw tennis balls on the pich it made the national news. Thats now been done and I think the build up nature may be more effective, so when we come back in december those last few matches could be epic with a big majority joining in. Something simple, visual and fun. Closer to refs at the rovers or suits at the bush than breaking the glass doors
Crash the Palm Ecotown share price, buy them back for pennies, make us Lai's boss!

(09-02-2022, 10:45 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: All over Twitter at the moment that there's a few meeting in the Vine from 1745 to discuss action against the owners.

Convenient location!  Anyone I know?
(09-02-2022, 10:49 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Boycott club merch, don't buy from food and drink vendors in the stadium, might be a start.

Indeed, only way you'll make them sit up and take notice is to not buy stuff. Turn up, take a piss, go home.
(09-02-2022, 10:52 AM)petty sniper Wrote: When Charlton threw tennis balls on the pich it made the national news.  Thats now been done and I think the build up nature may be more effective, so when we come back in december those last few matches could be epic with a big majority joining in.  Something simple, visual and fun.  Closer to refs at the rovers or suits at the bush than breaking the glass doors

Everyone Chuck bogrolls onto the pitch
I have a few ideas. The 5 million bits of paper thing and not a bank signs as above plus Torches on phones for a minute would be great for a sky evening match as would be spectacular and also hold up a photo of why you are a baggies - mine would be my grandad - this is our club.