State of the squad for Boro
(07-24-2022, 02:29 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Button
Furlong Ajai O’Shea Townsend
Mowatt Yokuslu
Wallace Swift Grady
Dike

No chance Yokuslu starts v Boro. 
Suspect Grant will start v Boro and Dike off bench. 

Livermore and Molumby will likely start as the ‘two’ if recovered from illness.  If not, Mowatt and Molumby will play. 

Longer term I suspect Livermore will start with Yokuslu.  Then Mowatt and Molumby will fight it out with them for the shirts.
(07-25-2022, 09:15 AM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:
Mowatt Yokuslu
Wallace Swift Grady
Dike

No chance Yokuslu starts v Boro. 
Suspect Grant will start v Boro and Dike off bench. 

Livermore and Molumby will likely start as the ‘two’ if recovered from illness.  If not, Mowatt and Molumby will play. 

Longer term I suspect Livermore will start with Yokuslu.  Then Mowatt and Molumby will fight it out with them for the shirts.

Tend to agree, makes it all the more strange that we signed Molumby, even at £900k. He was never going to be first choice, even without Okay returning.

Okay should be replacing Livermore though and, if we can get Mowatt anything like he was when he first arrived, they could form a formidable partnership.
I actually think Molumby will be the preferred partner for Yokuslu. He got a good run at the end of last year and has played a lot of minutes in pre season. I think he started every game bar Crewe. Doesn’t suggest to me that he will suddenly be 3rd or 4th choice. I can see him and Jake for the first few games and then Okay coming in for Jake. We need lots of energy and legs around Okay to get the best out of him which is one thing Molumby brings.
Apparently Molumby has been good in pre-season too. Given the amount of playing time and fitness I would expect a Mowatt Molumby pairing v Boro
Given we instantly looked better on Saturday when Phillips & Bartley were hooked I’m hoping neither are in the first 11 come Saturday.

Swift & Wallace need to start, as should Grady and Dike.

It’s Grant I’m struggling to find a home for.
Grant shouldn't be in the starting 11 right now I'd say, which seems harsh, but Wallace, Grady and Dike seems like the best front 3 available. Swift behind with Mowatt and Molumby for me, though no doubt it'll be Livermore and Mowatt.
(07-25-2022, 10:27 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Grant shouldn't be in the starting 11 right now I'd say, which seems harsh, but Wallace, Grady and Dike seems like the best front 3 available. Swift behind with Mowatt and Molumby for me, though no doubt it'll be Livermore and Mowatt.

Swift, Wallace, Diangana, Mowatt & Molumby all combined really well on Saturday, there was pace and movement aplenty. 

Grant & Phillips were passengers
(07-25-2022, 10:21 AM)Sliced Wrote: Apparently Molumby has been good in pre-season too. Given the amount of playing time and fitness I would expect a Mowatt Molumby pairing v Boro

I'll admit I haven't seen much of pre-season so this is refreshing news! Hope you are right, if we start yet another season with Livermore I might just take up bowls!!!
(07-25-2022, 10:29 AM)TTM2 Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 10:27 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Grant shouldn't be in the starting 11 right now I'd say, which seems harsh, but Wallace, Grady and Dike seems like the best front 3 available. Swift behind with Mowatt and Molumby for me, though no doubt it'll be Livermore and Mowatt.

Swift, Wallace, Diangana, Mowatt & Molumby all combined really well on Saturday, there was pace and movement aplenty. 

Grant & Phillips were passengers

I just can't see Bruce taking Captain Slowcoach out of the team.

This season has to be about moving Phillips, Bartley and Jake out of the XI. All 3 should have left this summer but for whatever region they're no doubt taking £100k/wk in salaries instead. 

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind Livermore will once again be starting more often than not, despite Molumby and Yoksulu both offering significantly more legs and more positive intent. 

I'd start Molumby and Mowatt at Boro, but with it being an away game, against a much fancied side, I think Bruce will want to keep it tight and start with Jake.

The concern is that even in 4231 it's still a 2 man central midfield and we've known for 3 years now Livermore cannot function effectively in one. For me he's very much 4th choice for one of those 2 spots.
(07-25-2022, 07:16 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 11:11 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
Mowatt Yokuslu
Wallace Swift Grady
Dike

You really are living up to your name!

Coming from the clueless Athers. Shock!

That's a funny one, sides splittin....