WBAUnofficial
State of the squad for Boro - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: State of the squad for Boro (/showthread.php?tid=25860)

Pages: 1 2 3

State of the squad for Boro - Borin' Baggie - 07-24-2022

Goalkeeper - Probably Button, seems the number 1 spot is his to lose.

Defence - Furlong and Townsend locked in to start. Likely to be Ajayi and Dara unless a new centre half comes in, Bartley's short on minutes and from what I've seen hasn't looked convincing in pre-season (personally not really surprised at that, I don't really rate Bartley).

Midfield - Swift looks a certainty behind the striker, as does Wallace on the right. Grady's looked sharp but could well be Grant starting on the left, if Robinson is still here he's likely to come off from the bench. Not really sure which two out of Livermore, TGH, Molumby and Mowatt will make up the rest, I'd imagine Molumby and Livermore but jury's out on that one. Be very surprised if we see Yokuslu before Sheffield United in the League Cup.

Striker - Can't see Grant being deployed up top so likely Dike. Unless Zohore comes good?

Would like to see at least 4 players in before the end of the window: a centre half as we now seem a bit light there, full back cover, cover for Swift and a striker. Ideally another full back and a right winger as well but I'll be surprised if we get 4 let alone 6. First XI is looking a lot more balanced than last season already though which is encouraging, the midfield especially.

RE: State of the squad for Boro - Sliced - 07-24-2022

I think a both a striker and RB on loans would see us in a very good position; although I think we're already in a decent position.

RE: State of the squad for Boro - Dumbo - 07-24-2022

Button
Furlong Ajai O’Shea Townsend
Mowatt Yokuslu
Wallace Swift Grady
Dike

RE: State of the squad for Boro - wbamitch - 07-24-2022

I could see Bruce going with Grant up front with either Grady or Phillips out wide for Boro. Don't think Dike played a full 90 in pre season and had a good impact from the bench on Saturday

RE: State of the squad for Boro - Woodman scoreboard - 07-24-2022

The wingers are probably the most important to us with dike in the middle...grady looks like his old self

RE: State of the squad for Boro - Kit Kat Chunky - 07-24-2022

(07-24-2022, 03:36 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: The wingers are probably the most important to us with dike in the middle...grady looks like his old self

You tend not to get kicked so much in pre-season

RE: State of the squad for Boro - Sliced - 07-24-2022

(07-24-2022, 03:37 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 03:36 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: The wingers are probably the most important to us with dike in the middle...grady looks like his old self

You tend not to get kicked so much in pre-season

This is a good point. Hopefully Grady has toughened up enough to take a couple of kicks from Darragh Lenihan next week

RE: State of the squad for Boro - Peachy - 07-24-2022

(07-24-2022, 02:29 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Button
Mowatt Yokuslu
Wallace Swift Grady
Dike

This would be my 11. The.only concern I would have would be omitting Grants goals but Gradys best position is left flank and he has hardly had a chance there since Slav was sacked and he appears to look bang up for it.

RE: State of the squad for Boro - Fulham Fallout - 07-24-2022

(07-24-2022, 02:29 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Button
Mowatt Yokuslu
Wallace Swift Grady
Dike

I’d be amazed if Okay would be fit enough to play and I’d hope we’d have learnt our lesson with Dike in playing players before they are match fit. 

I’d rather he builds up game time in the u23s and is in the first team the end of August.

RE: State of the squad for Boro - Remi_Moses - 07-24-2022

Can't see Okay making the first team just yet. So it's Button with a flat 4 across the back. Livermore and Mowatt. With Dike up front leaves Wallace and Swift and one other. I would pick Grant ahead of Grady purely on his goals and assists record.
Bench
Palmer - TGH - Diang - Robinson - Phillips - Molumby - Bartman - Zohore - Reach -