You can change the lipstick but it’s still the Conservative party
They are all appalling in my view. Conservative, Labour or Lib Dem. Going to be a case of choosing the least worse or simply spoiling the ballot paper at the next election
Oh do fuck off, the Tory party have become the biggest bunch of scum sucking liars that this country has ever seen. They simply don’t know how to tell the truth any more. There really is only one party that is looking at dealing with the issues that we face. 12 years of Tory has got us here and people like you can’t simply admit it’s been one fuck up and bad policy after another, don’t be an idiot and claim the fallback bullshit that ‘they are all as bad as each other’ trope. It just makes you look gullible.
(09-06-2022, 06:44 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Leader a women. And the 3 most prominent positions given to people of colour. 
Meanwhile Labour has a succession of white, middle class male leaders

No amount of token diversity is going to compensate for the shallowness of the intellectual gene pool.

James Cleverly... James fucking Cleverly, Foreign Secretary; just contemplate that for a moment. The only possible justification can be that his predecessor won't suffer by comparison.

Ernest Bevin, Herbert Morrison, 'Rab' Butler, Jim Callaghan, Tony Crosland, Peter Carrington, Jeffrey Howe, Douglas Hurd, Margaret Beckett, David Milliband, Philip Hammond... and I've missed a fair few genuine heavyweights. And now James Cleverley is what we've come to; James Cleverley is the measure of how far we've fallen. Fucking hell.

I'm going to bed.
(09-06-2022, 08:34 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: They are all appalling in my view. Conservative, Labour or Lib Dem. Going to be a case of choosing the least worse or simply spoiling the ballot paper at the next election

You should stand then
(09-06-2022, 08:34 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: They are all appalling in my view. Conservative, Labour or Lib Dem. Going to be a case of choosing the least worse or simply spoiling the ballot paper at the next election

The problem we have is that there are a lot of people who think like this and yet they always seem to side with right in the end.
(09-06-2022, 10:08 PM)Ossian Wrote: Margaret Beckett, David Milliband, Philip Hammond

Rolleyes

What a whopper.
(09-07-2022, 07:14 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 10:08 PM)Ossian Wrote: Margaret Beckett, David Milliband, Philip Hammond

Rolleyes

You'd take Cleverly over any of them would you?

Mind, you had Sajid Javid down as "our next leader" when Cameron was PM, so the finger's not exactly on the pulse of late is it?
I don't believe James Cleverly is any worse than the caravanner, Bananaman or the Excel fan.
(09-07-2022, 07:37 AM)Protheroe Wrote: I don't believe James Cleverly is any worse than the caravanner, Bananaman or the Excel fan.

Let’s be honest this is the worst cabinet since the last Johnson cabinet… quite an achievement to be as vile, uncaring, hypocritical, inept and truth twistery as the previous one but Pork Market has smashed it!