The Quadruple
Fuck me man city are the best team out there anyone trying to put a damper on them are clueless best footballing side by a mile.
Liverpool are Bullies by speed and presence .
(05-07-2022, 11:19 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Thank god it looks unlikely.

Can't stand the cunts.

(05-07-2022, 10:51 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Klopp: "With all the praise probably for Tottenham, they sit back. They won against City. So the game plan works for these (big) games but they're still fifth."

Same old Klopp when he doesn't get the result he wanted. Like when we dared to draw against his Liverpool side.

I'm not a fan of his, but at least he's a proven manager that has worked hard for his reputation. Unlike Fraudiola.

The board: “Only idiots call him a fraud”

Josh: “Hold my beer.”
(05-07-2022, 10:51 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Klopp: "With all the praise probably for Tottenham, they sit back. They won against City. So the game plan works for these (big) games but they're still fifth."

Same old Klopp when he doesn't get the result he wanted. Like when we dared to draw against his Liverpool side.

I have to agree.  If Spurs played the way they always do for "these big games" then why didn't Klopp come up with a game plan to counter this?  Simples.
(05-08-2022, 06:44 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote:

I have to agree.  If Spurs played the way they always do for "these big games" then why didn't Klopp come up with a game plan to counter this?  Simples.

Spurs we’re excellent defensively yesterday and Liverpool’s big players - Salah, Mane, etc all had off days. Not much more to it than that really.
(05-07-2022, 09:28 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 09:10 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 08:47 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 08:45 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 08:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I think the way Real came back against City will mess with a few heads, you only had to watch them in extra time to see they were shell-shocked. Add to that the effects of a trip to Spain and extra time and it’s not a foregone conclusion they’ll win their remaining games.

Fingers crossed they do. Would be hilarious to see Liverpool end the season with the caraboa cup only.

Lumps on the quadruple Wink

(05-07-2022, 08:45 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 08:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I think the way Real came back against City will mess with a few heads, you only had to watch them in extra time to see they were shell-shocked. Add to that the effects of a trip to Spain and extra time and it’s not a foregone conclusion they’ll win their remaining games.

Difference is now Liverpool need City to lose a game whereas before a draw would have done.

City’s margin for error has just increased.

I agree it’s unlikely but you can just see Gerrard going and fluking something on the final day coupled with Pep’s ability to mess up big games…

‘Pep’s ability to mess up big games’

(8 trophies in 5 years at City)

2 charity shields and 4 league cups are generous.

Let’s look at the Champions League exits…

3 league titles, one in which they won the lady 15 or so games in a row, and they had to, because they only won it by one point.

I think they have shown they can handle pressure.

And i don't think anyone was counting charity shields, they have won at least 1 FA Cups under Pep.
The eight doesn't include Charity Shields: 3 x League; 1 x FA Cup; 4 x League Cup.
At the start of the season there are 2 competitions Pep and City are expected to win, the CL and the PL. the domestic cups, whilst nice to have, aren’t really anything more than window dressing for a side with their ambitions.

Pep has delivered 3 titles in 5 years and looks set to add a 4th despite having a stronger challenger in Liverpool than most title winning sides have. This is a wonderful achievement and represents a decent return for the money he’s had.

The Champions League however is what he was brought in to win, and in 6 attempts, he’s reached one final and they blew it with a complete no-show. Looking at his other exits, there was the bizarre switch to a 3313 against Liverpool, the exits to Lyon and Monaco, and the defensive bottle-jobs against Real last week and Spurs a couple years ago…

Whilst it’s unfair to label him a fraud, or even a failure, he needs to win a CL as he’s had plenty of chances.
(05-08-2022, 09:08 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: At the start of the season there are 2 competitions Pep and City are expected to win, the CL and the PL. the domestic cups, whilst nice to have, aren’t really anything more than window dressing for a side with their ambitions.

Pep has delivered 3 titles in 5 years and looks set to add a 4th despite having a stronger challenger in Liverpool than most title winning sides have. This is a wonderful achievement and represents a decent return for the money he’s had.

The Champions League however is what he was brought in to win, and in 6 attempts, he’s reached one final and they blew it with a complete no-show. Looking at his other exits, there was the bizarre switch to a 3313 against Liverpool, the exits to Lyon and Monaco, and the defensive bottle-jobs against Real last week and Spurs a couple years ago…

Whilst it’s unfair to label him a fraud, or even a failure, he needs to win a CL as he’s had plenty of chances.

Indeed, Pep was supposed to represent that much heralded “next level”. City had been winning domestic titles and cups under his predecessors and Pep was brought in at great expense and fanfare as the main who would establish City as the dominant force both at home and in Europe. The had maintained the success at home but the European glory he was brought for (and bankrolled to the tune of a billion quid) hasn’t materialised.

He hasn’t failed per se, but neither has he achieved what he was brought in to do.
Well I think City should sack him,3 prems 1FA cup and 3 league cups is rubbish. But don’t sack him till xmas when we need a new manager. Pep for me is the best manager out there just needs a striker slice Aguero left.
(05-08-2022, 10:02 AM)wba13 Wrote: Well I think City should sack him,3 prems 1FA cup and 3 league cups is rubbish. But don’t sack him till xmas when we need a new manager. Pep for me is the best manager out there just needs a striker slice Aguero left.

He could have bought a striker. He chose to pursue Grealish instead.

What does that say?