The Quadruple
Tonight shows why it’s virtually impossible. You have to be perfect every game for months.

Only takes one game, like tonight, where you are off your best and the opposition is excellent defensively (as Spurs have been) and it’s as good as over.
(05-07-2022, 08:38 PM)Duffers Wrote: Tonight shows why it’s virtually impossible. You have to be perfect every game for months.

Only takes one game, like tonight, where you are off your best and the opposition is excellent defensively (as Spurs have been) and it’s as good as over.

Who or what is Klipperty blaming?
Well in Spurs
I think the way Real came back against City will mess with a few heads, you only had to watch them in extra time to see they were shell-shocked. Add to that the effects of a trip to Spain and extra time and it’s not a foregone conclusion they’ll win their remaining games.
(05-07-2022, 08:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I think the way Real came back against City will mess with a few heads, you only had to watch them in extra time to see they were shell-shocked. Add to that the effects of a trip to Spain and extra time and it’s not a foregone conclusion they’ll win their remaining games.

Difference is now Liverpool need City to lose a game whereas before a draw would have done.

City’s margin for error has just increased.
(05-07-2022, 08:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I think the way Real came back against City will mess with a few heads, you only had to watch them in extra time to see they were shell-shocked. Add to that the effects of a trip to Spain and extra time and it’s not a foregone conclusion they’ll win their remaining games.

Fingers crossed they do. Would be hilarious to see Liverpool end the season with the caraboa cup only.
(05-07-2022, 08:45 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Fingers crossed they do. Would be hilarious to see Liverpool end the season with the caraboa cup only.

Lumps on the quadruple Wink

(05-07-2022, 08:45 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Difference is now Liverpool need City to lose a game whereas before a draw would have done.

I agree it’s unlikely but you can just see Gerrard going and fluking something on the final day coupled with Pep’s ability to mess up big games…
(05-07-2022, 08:47 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

I agree it’s unlikely but you can just see Gerrard going and fluking something on the final day coupled with Pep’s ability to mess up big games…

‘Pep’s ability to mess up big games’

(8 trophies in 5 years at City)
(05-07-2022, 09:10 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

2 charity shields and 4 league cups are generous.

Let’s look at the Champions League exits…
(05-07-2022, 09:28 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 09:10 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

2 charity shields and 4 league cups are generous.

Let’s look at the Champions League exits…

Do they not count? Are they not big games?