Accept i might be in a minority
(04-18-2022, 08:20 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 08:18 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Harsh to blame the manager tonight when decisions like this happen.

Get a grip.

He picked this side.

Mowatt and Bartley back in. Why? 

2-0 down and take our top scorer off. Why?

Mowatt blowing out of his arse from the first whistle. Hooked. Bartley asleep for the 2nd goal. Furlong sent off after looking like a headless chicken. 

All this after Bruce dropped them and said we need a good overhaul and won. 

I'd say Bruce has a lot to answer for personally.
(04-18-2022, 08:18 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Harsh to blame the manager tonight when decisions like this happen.

This is a parody surely

On the subject of the ref, yes he’s been crap, yes he couldn’t wait to send Furlong off but it was the right decision
I thought we started the game quite well and the harsh sending off cost us. Bruce replaced the shit Ajayi with the equally shit Bartley. And Mowatt or Molumby are both nowhere near good enough for a side that was recently relegated from the Premier League. Robinson got booed off and he was dropped. You can argue about team selection all day but until there's an overhaul of the squad nothing will change.

And the awful ref hasn't helped us tonight at all. It's been like playing against 12 men.
(04-18-2022, 08:03 PM)Duffers Wrote: I see where you are coming from.

Definite penalty, absolutely no question there, but was it deliberate? Unless it’s blatant or obviously stopping the ball from going in then surely the award of a pen is enough?

The stupidly of his I'll disciplined first challenge put him in that situation. He only has himself to blame.
I thought the first was a soft yellow, it wasn't cynical or didn't deny an obvious chance. It was just a foul.

The handball, yes it was handball, but not a booking either.

Shit standard of officiating from start to finish though which was a shame as we started pretty well.
First one was a yellow, blatant, petulant and unnecessary. Handball is a penalty but never a second yellow.

With Forest being the new Sky darlings and the "Will they finally make it back after 2 decades" bullshit, that refereeing performance should come as now surprise, however.
Unfortunately, nor should our effort.
Just watched the yellows again on Sky.

First - blatant yellow, cynical and petulant.

Second - harsh, penalty without doubt but yellow was excessive.
(04-18-2022, 08:28 PM)Peachy Wrote:

Get a grip.

He picked this side.

Mowatt blowing out of his arse from the first whistle. Hooked. Bartley asleep for the 2nd goal. Furlong sent off after looking like a headless chicken. 

Peachy, let's stick with the FACTS. Furlong was dropped for the Stoke match (in which TGH was invisible at wing back and we lost). No-one expected him to miss this match. Bringing Mowatt back was a bad miss for sure, with both Molumby and TGH left out. Puzzled that Bartley played. It was rumoured (on here) that Kipre would play. Frankly both Ajayi and Bartley are League 1 players stealing a living at this level, hard to choose between them.
(04-18-2022, 11:01 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 08:28 PM)Peachy Wrote:

Get a grip.

He picked this side.

Peachy, let's stick with the FACTS. Furlong was dropped for the Stoke match (in which TGH was invisible at wing back and we lost). No-one expected him to miss this match. Bringing Mowatt back was a bad miss for sure, with both Molumby and TGH left out. Puzzled that Bartley played. It was rumoured (on here) that Kipre would play. Frankly both Ajayi and Bartley are League 1 players stealing a living at this level, hard to choose between them.

Just to clarify this. Bruce said in his post match interview after Blackpool "the only one who hasn't had any minutes under me is 'Big Cedric', and he'll be getting them on Monday"
(04-18-2022, 08:03 PM)Sliced Wrote: I thought you were going to say “but I think we’ve played well”

We were excellent for 5 minutes. 

I'll never forget alecan's pm interview after a 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea "we started well".  They scored in the 2nd minute  Big Grin