Accept i might be in a minority
but that's a very harsh red card.

When refs have to consider when issuing a second yellow, they should consider whether both offences added together warrant a team playing a man down.

And don't talk about consistency, Townsend not booked later in the half for a foul that could easily have seen a yellow.
I thought you were going to say “but I think we’ve played well”
I see where you are coming from.

Definite penalty, absolutely no question there, but was it deliberate? Unless it’s blatant or obviously stopping the ball from going in then surely the award of a pen is enough?
(04-18-2022, 08:01 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: but that's a very harsh red card.

When refs have to consider when issuing a second yellow, they should consider whether both offences added together warrant a team playing a man down.

And don't talk about consistency, Townsend not booked later in the half for a foul that could easily have seen a yellow.

I agree the card was harsh and ruined any chances of a competitive game. The least said about the throwing the better.
(04-18-2022, 08:03 PM)Sliced Wrote: I thought you were going to say “but I think we’ve played well”

We did for the first 5 minutes. Wink
Simply we have had awful luck and then with the sending off heads drop as the game is over.
However it’s endemic of a shit season.
Really no point in watching this- the gods aren’t with us at all.
Need 5 or 6 new players starting next season.
I think the first could have just been a stern talking to after 13 mins tbh. Silly tackle but I've seen those go unpunished by other refs. The 2nd was stupid although Furlong could argue he was protecting himself. 

How many handballs that give penalties away result in a yellow card? Id say probably about 10%. I've seen countless crosses from out wide where a player puts his arms up and blocks the ball and gives a penalty away not recieve a yellow card. 

The ref has looked out of his depth tonight imo.
Harsh to blame the manager tonight when decisions like this happen.
Penalty yes, second yellow never.
(04-18-2022, 08:18 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Harsh to blame the manager tonight when decisions like this happen.

Get a grip.

He picked this side.

Mowatt and Bartley back in. Why? 

2-0 down and take our top scorer off. Why?