Johnstone Captain
(02-14-2022, 07:15 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: There seems to have been a typo? Reach is playing again?

If I were TGH I’d be fucking off. Being behind Livermore is bad enough but Reach getting in again?

Is TGH a #10 though? I mean don’t get me wrong Reach isn’t one either but it’s hardly “fucking off” worthy.
(02-14-2022, 07:15 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: There seems to have been a typo? Reach is playing again?

If I were TGH I’d be fucking off. Being behind Livermore is bad enough but Reach getting in again?

Has TGH ever played attacking mid? Apologies if he has. Bruce clearly has chosen his formation and, unfortunately, Reach is the only player in the squad who's had a regular run in that position in the past.

Other than Robinson, who seems to be seen as more of an attacker these days. 

I'm not gonna moan about the team before kickoff but personally I wouldve gone for TGH over Molumby
(02-14-2022, 07:18 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Is TGH a #10 though? I mean don’t get me wrong Reach isn’t one either but it’s hardly “fucking off” worthy.

If I’m playing square pegs in round holes I’d rather one that might work as opposed to one we know definitely won’t fit.

I think the only place TGH hasn't played before is in goal.
(02-14-2022, 07:20 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

If I’m playing square pegs in round holes I’d rather one that might work as opposed to one we know definitely won’t fit.

We don't have enough pegs Big Grin

I’ve seen nothing of TGH to suggest he’d fit there either though.

Asking a 20 year old kid, who has never played that position, to be our key creative player in a must win game seems something of a risk if you ask me.
Fucking hell... Come on Brucey! We need to score and you've replaced Livermore with fucking Molumby! Get TGH in, or replace him with robinson and drop Reach deeper.
(02-14-2022, 07:23 PM)Duffers Wrote:

I’ve seen nothing of TGH to suggest he’d fit there either though.

Asking a 20 year old kid, who has never played that position, to be our key creative player in a must win game seems something of a risk if you ask me.

You’re probably right Duffers, and it’s wrong to think all kids just need a chance to show what they can do, but when he’s played he’s been one of the few capable of finding an Albion player with a pass and moving around the pitch with any urgency. Reach on the other hand offers absolutely nothing, and is another one to be filed in the “highly paid players here by reputation not ability” drawer.

I hope Reach proves me wrong and plays a blinder tonight but I doubt he will because he’s crap.

It would be nice to see one kid break through this season to at  least give us something to enjoy.
Obviously Bruce would select the senior pro's before the youngsters.
When he has got aa few games under his belt, the senior pro's will drop back to the bench.
Let's hope Bruce learns quickly who needs to be supporting and who needs to be playing.
I hope Reach isn't going to be one of SB favourites like Livermore was with Val ,several times tonight all he had to do was play a decent ball through for a chance ,wheather we would have scored is another issue ,but our midfield options are embarrassing.