Bartley
(02-12-2022, 06:40 PM)Alf Tupper Wrote: Good god, I can't imagine the pain she must have been in. Since having this I have done a fair bit of reading ,I didn't know anything about it until I got it . Apparently when your nervous system is down possibly due to other illnesses it can kick off shingles.

Yep.

I was super stressed, living back with parents after moving jobs, travelling a lot each day, trying to find a place to live in a new city during lockdown. And I have an auto-immune disorder anyway, all collected together kicked it off.
(02-12-2022, 01:43 PM)Alf Tupper Wrote: Lads, I can confirm everything that's on this thread about shingles. I got it the first week in October just getting over it now. Through my life I've had 5 knee operations, 3 of them major one's with replacement parts, the bollock chop and a sinus operation that was purgatory . Without a doubt the pain from them is nothing compared to this bastard thing.
I could not wear shirt for the first 6 weeks . It starts as blisters going round half your body each full of liquid .Mine was from under my left tit to the centre of my back about 10 of them and a blister rash down the left hand side of my back.
There is no treatment apart from some tablets for the first week called Valtrex I think but all that does is shorten the time it takes for the rash to go down . Then painkilling tablets and that's it. Apparently if it goes right round your body basically you are fucked. Each spot is attached to your nervous system. You can get an injection to prevent it only if you are between 70-80 . It doesn't work on any other age group. The worse thing I've ever had, I wouldn't wish it on any my worst enemy.

I had shingles last year. I believe you have to have had chicken pox to get it - most often during childhood.
(02-12-2022, 03:13 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Had Shingles this time last year.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Had it about 10 years back in my thirties,  think I got lucky reading this thread, just had a rash but no other effects.