Villa accounts
(03-02-2019, 10:26 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 10:05 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:49 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:26 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:24 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Fugg me. I'm not an accoutant but have I read this right? 32m loss (up 25m!)?!?!?

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-w...713851561b

Far worse than that. That's without the Recon accounts.

I didn't understand the significance of that but over on H&V, someone has said "Once Recon accounts are released which contain our wage bill, this is going to get a whole lot worse. Wage bill could be anywhere between £40-50m by my estimates, so when you add that on to the £32m loss, 2017/18 is looking a disaster. I fear an embargo

The thing is, they've been chucking money at it this season too. There must be a cunning plan.
It is a £32.5M loss.

These are only published accounts, not the real deal, but you will notice "Administrative Expenses" of £96.8M, which is basically the wage bill, and runs at 150% of turnover.

Just wow. What a complete crock of shit. Even if you strip back to EBITDA, they have lost almost as much in a year as the FFP 3 year rolling loss allows. They have also spunked more money this year, on top of the wage bill.

If this isn't a total abuse of the P&S rules, then I don't know what is.

Another post on H&V: "Purslow and NSWE agreed a 3 year plan with the EFL due to these inherited losses. Coming in at £39m level would make it nigh on impossible to fix quickly. New 3 year rolling cycle a system far as I’m aware and plan in place "

Implication is they've re-set the clock due to getting new owners.

Important to remember they haven’t got “new owners”

Sawaris has bought 55% of the club, he’s come in as a majority shareholder, the mad doctor still owns 45% of the club
They have absolutely no chance of making a profit in the next two seasons
https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status...17088?s=19

Enjoy....

Aston Villa Football Club Limited publishes losses of £32 million for 2017/18. Take these figures with extreme caution as exclude player wages and player transfer amortisation, which are in the accounts of parent Recon Group UK whose accounts are overdue #AVFC #SmokeAndMirrors
http://priceoffootball.com/aston-villa-and-ffp/
So if I read that right, ok for this year but will have to trim heavily in the summer unless they go up?
That was written last year, did they trim in the summer or go for broke?
Surprised this hasn't been widely reported in the press. Maybe there's nothing to see here?
The overdue Recon accounts are key.

They're the toxic ones.
(03-03-2019, 11:41 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Surprised this hasn't been widely reported in the press. Maybe there's nothing to see here?
There isn't, or more to the point no-one posting on here really knows what is going on despite the pretence that they do.
(03-03-2019, 12:50 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 11:41 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Surprised this hasn't been widely reported in the press. Maybe there's nothing to see here?
There isn't, or more to the point no-one posting on here really knows what is going on despite the pretence that they do.

Does Dr Tony post on here then?