This Time with Alan Partridge
Hi Jean.
(02-26-2019, 03:21 PM)Jamin03 why change it? Wrote: Mrs Clunt creased me, proper Partridge

That bit got me too. As you say, proper Partridge. 
Like any classic comedy the original Partridge was right for the time so we’ll probably end up being a little disappointed in this series - but I’ll enjoy the ride while it lasts and hopefully there will be a few more proper Partridge moments to come.
Very hit and miss I thought. Some funny bits. Others less so. Will keep watching but hope it gets better.
Compared to other comedies of today, it was excellent, not too much to beat with the likes of Mrs Browns Boys and Miranda
It was shit
Had to bump this as I gave it a watch last night.

What a load of absolute shite. Really dreadful, which is sad as, has been already said, the early Partridge was comedy gold.

I honestly never laughed once, and it's a real shame that the only thing even mildly amusing was a "joke" I'd expect to hear in Mrs Browns Boys (Clunt/Fluck)
(02-28-2019, 09:34 AM)yeoman lai Wrote: Had to  bump this as I gave it a watch last night.

What a load of absolute shite. Really dreadful, which is sad as, has been already said, the early Partridge was comedy gold.

I honestly never laughed once, and it's a real shame that the only thing even mildly amusing was a "joke" I'd expect to hear in Mrs Browns Boys (Clunt/Fluck)

I also watched it last night and thought it was good. Far from peak Alan, but to compare it to MBB is laughable.
In the form of his life.
It didn’t hold my interest and in the past I was a big fan even using the Monkey Tennis moniker on another site. The problem for me is the format is the same as Knowing Me Knowing You which was great because it was fresh and people even questioned whether it was a real talk show at the time. This just seems to have updated the settee’s and parodied the One Show. I will give it another go but it did feel like I’d seen it all before and done better.
I liked it, though thought the last five minutes were poor.
(02-28-2019, 09:55 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It didn’t hold my interest and in the past I was a big fan even using the Monkey Tennis moniker on another site. The problem for me is the format is the same as Knowing Me Knowing You which was great because it was fresh and people even questioned whether it was a real talk show at the time. This just seems to have updated the settee’s and parodied the One Show. I will give it another go but it did feel like I’d seen it all before and done better.

Same here!

Did find parts of it funny, but agree that it wasn't his best work.  Surprising really as Mid Morning Matters was superb IMO which was his most recent stuff before this.  Sidekick Simon seemed to have lost a few brain cells between that and his appearance on This Time.