WBAUnofficial
This Time with Alan Partridge - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: This Time with Alan Partridge (/showthread.php?tid=2393)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

This Time with Alan Partridge - baggiebloke - 02-26-2019

Such is the familiarity that I (most of us probably) have with Steve Coogan's character that I found watching it a surreal experience last night.

It's like watching a mate who you want to do well systemically fuck it all up. At least he has Lynn watching his back...

I found it cringeworthy and am really looking forward to next week's episode.

RE: This Time with Alan Partridge - KratosBaggie - 02-26-2019

I didn't manage to catch, but with all things like this, it can't be as good as the original two series. They were gold.

RE: This Time with Alan Partridge - Dumbo - 02-26-2019

His 'having a shit without using your hands' bit nearly made me cry.

RE: This Time with Alan Partridge - Duffers - 02-26-2019

Thought it was a good opening episode but I don’t think it deserves the gushing praise it seems to have received from everyone in the media. I mean, it was good but not great - looking forward to seeing where it goes though.

The section with Simon and the screen could have been taken straight from Day Today/Brasseye (and that’s a good thing). The hacker interview was great too.

RE: This Time with Alan Partridge - chasetownbaggie - 02-26-2019

(02-26-2019, 01:37 PM)Duffers Wrote: Thought it was a good opening episode but I don’t think it deserves the gushing praise it seems to have received from everyone in the media. I mean, it was good but not great - looking forward to seeing where it goes though.

The section with Simon and the screen could have been taken straight from Day Today/Brasseye (and that’s a good thing). The hacker interview was great too.

Was that the "Files not found" bit? If so, creased me that. +1 on your assessment of the episode.

RE: This Time with Alan Partridge - Duffers - 02-26-2019

(02-26-2019, 01:42 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 01:37 PM)Duffers Wrote: Thought it was a good opening episode but I don’t think it deserves the gushing praise it seems to have received from everyone in the media. I mean, it was good but not great - looking forward to seeing where it goes though.

Was that the "Files not found" bit? If so, creased me that. +1 on your assessment of the episode.

Yup, the whole “press the bird, then the other bird, then social...”

RE: This Time with Alan Partridge - Yacob's Dog - 02-26-2019

Grandad George...grandad!

RE: This Time with Alan Partridge - baggiebloke - 02-26-2019

(02-26-2019, 01:50 PM)Yacob\s Dog Wrote: Grandad George...grandad!

Bless him.

RE: This Time with Alan Partridge - MancBaggie - 02-26-2019

(02-26-2019, 01:42 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

Cant disagree with any of that.  The problem is that all Partridge is inevitably compared with KMKY and the equally brilliant Linton Travel Tavern series

RE: This Time with Alan Partridge - Jamin03 why change it? - 02-26-2019

Mrs Clunt creased me, proper Partridge